Troubleshooting Login and Update Failure
Our Authentication Server provider has made some changes to the server’s network beginning of last week without notifying us. The changes to the network is causing our failure in our desktop application to validate your login credentials. Both Windows OS and MacOS users are affected by this changes.
We have requested our server provider to revert back our network to its original state and as of now, there is no response from them. To mitigate this issue, please refer to the following guidelines for a workaround. We apologise for this inconvenience.
Windows Operating System
You will need to make a minor changes in one of the files in the BolehVPN app using your text editor. We will be using the standard Windows OS text editor, Notepad, to edit the file.
1. In Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BolehVPN or the location of BolehVPN app in your PC.
2. Please run Notepad as Administrator (Right Click on Notepad and select Run As Admin)
3. Press CTRL+O to open file and search for ‘setting.ini’ as filename
4. Delete all the contents in the ‘setting.ini’ and replace with the following (copy and paste)
4. Save the file and relaunch the BolehVPN desktop app.
Method 1 (GUI based)
You will need to make a minor changes in one of the files in the BolehVPN app using your text editor. We will be using the standard Apple MacOS/OSX text editor, TextEdit, to edit the file.
1. Open Finder > Click on Applications
2. Right Click (mouse) / Two-Fingers click (trackpad) on BolehVPN>Show Package Contents
3. Double Click on Contents>MacOS
4. Single click on setting.ini and the right click (mouse) / two-fingers click (trackpad) on setting.ini
5. Move your cursor to ‘Open With’ and click on Other
6. Search and find TextEdit in the list of the app listed in Other.
7. Delete everything and copy/paste the following:
8. Save and quit the editor
9. Relaunch the BolehVPN desktop for MacOS app.
Method 2 (Command-line based) – Advanced MacOS User
1. Use Spotlight and search for Terminal
2. Open Terminal app.
3. In the Terminal, type the following command (or copy/paste this into your terminal)
sudo sed -i ” ‘s/22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199/’ /Applications/BolehVPN.app/Contents/MacOS/setting.ini
4. Enter your Mac login password if it asked for one.
5. Check if the changes are made correctly, type the following in terminal.
and it will display the following:
6. If it does showed the above, then you are not that advanced yet. Please use Method 1 to make the changes.
7. Close Terminal and Relaunch the BolehVPN app.
You may need to do the above everytime you reinstall the BolehVPN app.