Author Topic: fullyrouted sweden extremely slow  (Read 10788 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: fullyrouted sweden extremely slow
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 02:12:02 PM »
Just a general thought while awaiting feedback from Chris -. how much trouble is it to make this server join Luxembourg/Switzerland as an open-port type server? I mean, even though the utorrent icon is green at the moment, it doesn't seem to have an open port (I get fewer connections than I would with for example Luxembourg), but on the other hand the speeds of those few connected are much greater.

It's quite expensive to do so since you would need to purchase IPv4 blocks for each slot that we have. An IP costs about 1 euro additional PER IP. If we were to have a server with 100 IPs, this translates to about 100 EUR extra per month and even then it's subject to justification (and often they won't allow you to take so many per server).
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »
No modifications done.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
Yeah, I got it, forwarded it on to Reuben for his consideration as well. And yes, speedtest.net is unreliable as a test, best to just test torrents directly.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
We can consider alternate Sweden locations but to be honest your speed and bandwidth consumptions are off the charts and to be frank...at a great financial loss to us...not everyone has 250 mbit lines and in most people's books this is pretty off the charts especially at your constant usage.The Sweden bandwidth isn't cheap...and we're paying out of our nose for overage charges. Let's just say by maintaining this one Sweden server, we could be getting two-three more Luxembourg servers which can usually accommodate 70 people per server but right now one server is being used entirely by you.

We aren't logging but when we were investigating the Sweden server bandwidth due to your speed complaints it was pretty much almost entirely used by you alone. Note that most Sweden providers only offer 10 mbit unmetered but here you're consuming up to almost 100 mbit leaving very little for anyone else on that server.

I understand that HMA offered you consistent speeds but I do admit that we cannot match that, not at the current price we're offering. We don't have the same userbase as them and therefore do not have as much leeway/resources to allocate to extremely heavy users such as yourself. I hope you understand where we're coming from.

I only can ask that you regulate your usage and apologize that we are unable to further meet your requests. I'll be happy to offer a refund of your remaining days if requested. Let us know.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:39:08 AM by Reuben »

Co-Founder/Administrator