Author Topic: Currency for Msian?  (Read 8835 times)

elmonstro

Currency for Msian?
« on: July 05, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
Hi, just wanna clarify. I wanted to know why BolehVPN charge me in USD while im staying in Msia. I thought u guys were local and i want to support my fellow msians. I use PayPal and they charged me extra for currency conversion which is usually for foreign registered businesses. I am Msian and BolehVPN origin from Msia or not? If yes, why are u guys using USD for local customers? Thank you.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Currency for Msian?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
Hey elmonstro,

For Paypal we chose to keep it in USD for a simple reason. For Paypal payments in MYR, the fee charge per transaction is RM2.00 + 3.4%. For USD transactions the fee charge per transaction is USD0.30 + 3.4%. For our smaller packages, having a Paypal 'charge' of RM2.00 where the whole package is priced at RM5 is disastrous. It would mean we either accept a much lesser sum or we up the price of payments via Paypal.

For local Malaysian customers there's always online banking, manual cash deposits, MolPay and even credit card support so there are plenty of alternative options for Malaysian customers :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

elmonstro

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 10:42:01 PM »
Yes true..But if u looked back, i am not paying via credit card. I pay cash through paypal with debit card.If credit card i can accept cos it's plastic money and mbf charge some more. In ur shoes is disastrous, but what about in my shoes? I know it's not that much but the principal of CASH may be mistakenly practiced.Paypal fees are supposed to be borne by the merchant@seller not customer aite? I myself is a paypal seller. I prefer paypal cos they provide good service and security so far.
RM5.00 package= Cust. pay   RM6.57
RM10.00 package=Cust. pay RM12.54
According to Msian Trade Law, all transaction for any Locally registered company in Msia shud be in MYR not USD or else Thereby u have commited an offence under the trade code  ;D ;D

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:06:53 AM »
The money is held in Paypal and then converted into MYR when it's withdrawn into our account. None of the USD touches our hands or our bank accounts until it's converted in MYR. Our company goes through audit with an internationally recognized firm and have fully disclosed this and there's no problem with this. I believe you are quoting the Exchange Control Act which imposes certain control with dealing and selling gold/foreign currency but this does not fall into any of these restrictions.

Even then, our Paypal account is mainly used to service international customers. We do not ask for an address in our Paypal so there's no way to tell if you're Malaysian or not. We just assume you aren't. We are free to determine our prices and BolehVPN bears the 3.4% and USD0.30 charge as per the Paypal merchant agreement as per our own internal calculation but we do mark it up a bit to reflect certain additional INDIRECT costs in dealing with Paypal funds and USD such as currency exchange risk, fraud and the additional accounting and processing that needs to be done. This is not in breach of Paypal's terms of service.

Firms frequently charge different prices for local and international. If you buy via Paypal, I assume you're international since MolPay accepts debit cards and all other forms of payments. The reason why we keep it in USD is cause international customers feel more comfortable in dealing with USD and can compare value to other VPN providers easier.

However we are still free to charge a higher price due to the indirect costs involved and additional hassle in dealing with foreign currency (and accounting for it) or simply express a preference to charge locals a bit cheaper to 'regionalize it'. It will never be an exact conversion and our rates were adjusted at a different time when USD rates were weaker. If I operated solely in USD you would have a better argument. As we don't offer USD payments in ANY OTHER FORM except Paypal, it can't be compared to our 'normal rates' without Paypal fees.

At the end of the day, you're bringing this all up because you want to pay via Paypal and pay in RM. Let's not confuse the issue in terms of legality or what is 'normal business practice'. We give all the payment options available and MolPay also accepts Debit cards with no problems as far as I know so the only qualm remaining is Paypal security (which is questionable as there has been cases where security flaws have allowed hackers to access credit card details as recent as Nov 2010 and even recently as 23 March 2012, a potential flaw was found in the login. http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2163065/paypal-closes-potential-flaw-login-pages)

Hope this answers your queries and I would appreciate if you could be more careful about accusing us of breaching laws without a solid basis.

And I Repeat MolPay Accepts Debit Cards
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:14:04 AM by Reuben »
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:41 AM »
If you are dissatisfied with our service or feel that you have been charged unfairly, I will gladly offer you a refund. Just let me know and I will process the Paypal refund and close your account accordingly. I am sorry if you have feel that we have illegally charged you additional for paying via Paypal. Thank you for your interest in BolehVPN.

Co-Founder/Administrator

elmonstro

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 12:50:15 AM »
Did not say i was unsatisfied though..International auditing firm is not recognized under the Msian law unless it is form and registered and certified in Malaysia. Yeah well, it's not that much but (multiply by 100 it could be lol). Keep it, no worries.Next time i use local bank aite.TQVM

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 01:38:27 AM »
KPMG is our auditor. It is an international auditing firm. So is EY

Co-Founder/Administrator

elmonstro

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 07:01:12 PM »
yeah man whatever u say lah.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 01:34:35 AM »

You, sir, are a dick of the highest order.

elmonstro

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 04:11:06 AM »

You, sir, are a dick of the highest order.

And you are a jerk off, pendejo puta.dont play funny here hamkacan..go f#*k urself someplace else, busy bee
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:16:37 AM by elmonstro »

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »
LMAO