Author Topic: Newbie ask  (Read 12310 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Newbie ask
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
Vampiremax:

I think adam7979 misunderstood the question so don't read what he said or it will confuse you further.
Other customers of our VPN in most cases should not affect your speed but other users of your Streamyx internet line (anyone who shares the internet line with you) will be affected if you are downloading at max speed.

This behaviour is not unique to VPN but it's like, let's say you have a 1 mbit connection and you are downloading at max 1 mbit already through VPN that leaves very little for other people in the house who are using the same internet connection.

Just for clarification.

adam7979: your explanation is confusing and implies that our VPN has not enough bandwidth to go around. What Wolffeh is saying is that if your housemate who is using the same line is downloading at max speed, then of course when you use VPN on the same line, you of course won't get max speed cause someone else is using the internet line.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline adam7979

• Donator
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
well i NEVER said your VPN has not enough bandwidth to go around, what i meant was IF everyone has smart tag (all his housemates have VPN)...

cheers
We got F1 circuit with F1 drivers but need to use a kancil if want to go to Singapore. - Pit Boss

[January 17, 2010, 07:37:40 PM] zniper982: any news on when the streamyx going to be ok.it been 2 weeks now
[January 17, 2010, 08:37:33 PM] ┼65□™ [558]: you've been in malaysia for two weeks onl

eugenet

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 05:04:56 PM »
On your original question about wireless - I'm torrent on a wireless-N network. With 2mbps Screamyx, uTorrent reports average 180-190kBps download. I limit my upload to 26kBps.

vampiremax

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
oh.. ok...
then how bout download using xunlei or thunder 5?
coz i download chinese movie more..
as i know u guys always use Utorrent...
can vpn support xunlei or thunder 5?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
Yes, but we do not advise you to use it.

Xunlei and Thunder aren't very reliable in my experience, and they become such a massive drain on your comp. Also most private trackers have banned these sort of clients.

I advise you to use uTorrent.