Author Topic: Using Boleh with Tor  (Read 4838 times)

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
Using Boleh with Tor
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:59:36 PM »
If I run the Tor Browser bundle while connected to a Boleh route does my Tor connection or browser get routed through the Boleh route first, and then to the Tor network?  Also, if i use Torchat does all communication go through the Boleh route first, and then the Tor network? Does Tor even use the Tap Adapter?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Using Boleh with Tor
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »
If you run it while connected to the VPN first, then your connection goes through OUR server first, and then from there through the TOR network. I believe our blog post here goes into detail about this http://www.bolehvpn.net/blog/2012/06/combining-the-use-of-bolehvpn-with-tor-for-greater-anonymity-or-security/

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 07:29:40 AM »
Thanks Chris. Your response, and the link you provided answered my questions.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »
One very important thing that should be mentioned ---> TRUST!

Who do you really trust your VPN Provider or Tor?

Personally I place more trust in the VPN provider than Tor, so I'd rather have Tor going over the VPN, than a VPN going over Tor.

Worrying about the negativity through a VPN I consider minimal, as long as that VPN provider keeps no records or logs...

It's real simple, with Tor, you have no idea who is out there sitting on the servers and sniffing, with the VPN it's real simple the people you are paying...

Then again there are some VPN providers out there that don't look very trust worthy at all, but at least BolehVPN is, right guys? LOL... ;)

CHEERS