Author Topic: Fully Routed Luxembourg - Dedicated IP  (Read 7059 times)

Offline prrowla

Fully Routed Luxembourg - Dedicated IP
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:05:17 AM »
What does Fully Routed Luxembourg - Dedicated IP mean? Compared to regular Fully Routed Luxembourg.  I search through the forum, news, and order page instructions, and cannot find any info.

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Fully Routed Luxembourg - Dedicated IP
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 02:26:29 PM »
Shared-IP - One IP is shared with all connected users to that particular server. No ports can be forwarded or open for listening. Meaning you cannot have, for example ftp services in your connected device and access it when you are outside.

Dedicated-IP - Each connected user will be a ASSIGNED a dedicated IP address for his personal use for the duration of his active connection. While connected, if he has a service, for example ftp services running in the connected device, you can access the ftp while you are away from your device. You can open and forward any ports while connected to this type of server.

Co-Founder / Administrator

Offline prrowla

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 09:01:44 PM »
Thanks.  I am now trying to educate myself on FTP service.   Meanwhile, for my purpose of downloading from iptorrents.  Is there any advantage of using a Dedicated-IP over regular Fully Routed?

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:20:09 PM »
Not much diff in terms of speed for downloading but there is an impact if you want to upload/seed new files. Try it out and see which is better for you.

Co-Founder / Administrator