Author Topic: FullyRouted-Switzerland "American IP?"  (Read 12556 times)

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
Re: FullyRouted-Switzerland "American IP?"
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 02:42:40 AM »
Give those servers a try now

Now no one of the above mentioned works for me, connects fine, but no "internet".

94.242.213.5 works fine, i get this dns on it: 62.141.38.230       myLoc managed IT AG

I switched those servers to the German Privacy Foundation as per recommendations, and the DNS failed us. We'll try the OpenNIC one last time but if that fails I'm not sure what else we can do.

I'm very confused how it failed? I have never had problems with either. Is there any DNS option with your hosting providers? If there is it may just be better to use the built in DNS service that comes with the servers, Its been a while since I have messed around with my own servers but I'm pretty sure most services offer their own DNS you can enable. If this is the case with your providers I would really recommend it over Google/OpenDNS. Thanks again for trying to get it right, we really appreciate it.  :)

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 03:52:38 AM »
Give those servers a try now

Now no one of the above mentioned works for me, connects fine, but no "internet".

94.242.213.5 works fine, i get this dns on it: 62.141.38.230       myLoc managed IT AG

I switched those servers to the German Privacy Foundation as per recommendations, and the DNS failed us. We'll try the OpenNIC one last time but if that fails I'm not sure what else we can do.

I was using (94.242.228.140) (Lux) just now and within the last hour the DNS went from OpenNIC (Germany) to Google DNS again. Kinda not happy as I was using Google services at the time, which means they now can correlate one of my email accounts to my browser fingerprint let alone the "Canvas" fingerprint Google now has on my browser configuration. Which the correlate back to both through their DNS service, and now they also know that I'm a BolehVPN subscriber if they have your IP lists which they probably do. It basically means my anonymity has dropped to less then 2000 people, and with the email, and my canvas fingerprint if my computer ever connects through this browser again while im not on a VPN to any Google services they can correlate my canvas fingerprint, DNS data and email to break my anonymity. So I'm not really happy about that. BolehVPN's use of Google DNS and wish to use it bothers me greatly.

74.125.73.146    none    Google    United States
74.125.73.81    none    Google    United States
74.125.73.145    none    Google    United States
74.125.73.82    none    Google    United States
74.125.73.84    none    Google    United States
74.125.73.148    none    Google    United States

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:54:21 AM by Indingo »

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 04:03:30 AM »
Screenshot
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:05:58 AM by Indingo »

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:06 AM »
We setup that server to use OpenNIC, with the server provider DNS as a backup, and then finally Google DNS as the backup to the backup. It wasn't supposed to use Google DNS unless there was no other option really.

Removing Google DNS from that server completely. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 05:36:49 AM »
We setup that server to use OpenNIC, with the server provider DNS as a backup, and then finally Google DNS as the backup to the backup. It wasn't supposed to use Google DNS unless there was no other option really.

Removing Google DNS from that server completely. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Its totally fine Chris, it was just an email I use for audiobooks anyway. Its a shame that there seems to be no privacy focused reliable DNS servers. Although I have never personally had any problems with G/S privacy foundation/OpenNIC, I believe you when you say there is a problem with them for whatever reason. I really do agree with your backup of a backup strategy and think that is a good idea, just try to stay away from Google as a backup, its the most spy heavy of all the providers. Thanks for keeping up the good work.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:41:12 AM by Indingo »

Offline 1time

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »
You guys are able to connect to the Swiss box? I haven't for a couple of weeks now... Yes I updated my keys. Openvpn just returns wsaconnect failure

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 12:05:54 AM »
You guys are able to connect to the Swiss box? I haven't for a couple of weeks now... Yes I updated my keys. Openvpn just returns wsaconnect failure

Yeah, been able to connect fine. Server changed to a new one but again we are able to connect to it without problems. I can only suggest maybe re-installing BolehVPN to fix whatever issue you may be having with the configuration. If that does not work I'm sure you can post your log and Chris will be able to help out.