Author Topic: Using BolehVPN across different devices  (Read 7783 times)

Offline ayanamirei01

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Using BolehVPN across different devices
« on: January 31, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
Hello,

I am planning to use BolehVPN on both my home connection (to be installed on DD-WRT), on my smartphone, and (whenever I am outstation) on my notebook.  There would be times when at least two of these devices/networks will be connected to BolehVPN (eg. my home network will be connected via Streamyx at the same time my mobile is connected via DiGi).

My questions is is this allowed by the terms of the service? If it isn't, would I need to get three separate BolehVPN accounts, or is there some kind of license that would allow this kind of simultaneous usage?

PS: As an aside, one of the verification questions I'm being asked is "Chicken nuggets are made out of what?" It refuses to accept any answer except "chicken", which is not accurate, since "mechanically separated meat" is also correct.  But that's not important right now.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Using BolehVPN across different devices
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:37:45 AM »
Hahaha :D

:P

For DD-WRT (that's fine), smartphone (use L2TP) and occasional light use of notebook should be fine.

Strictly under the TOS u can only have one l2tp and one openvpn connection running simultaneously.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline ayanamirei01

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:42:01 AM »
So, to clarify, I am not allowed to have BolehVPN running on my DD-WRT router and my notebook at the same time?  What usually happens is that occasionally I stay over at my in-laws' or parents' for a while (eg. when my child is ill), and I usually keep my router running at home.  I would be using my computer as per normal (downloads, surfing, etc), but nobody would be at home.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
As i said strictly under the Terms of Service it wouldn't be allowed but in cases like this we don't really mind :D The key is just that we don't want more than one full speed active connection at a time. If turned on for occasional surfing and etc or downloads while away that's ok provided that the router at home hasn't queued up like a gazillion files and are downloading it at full speed. You get the idea :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline ayanamirei01

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »
Understood.

What about my suggestion for a multi-connection license?  I don't think I'm the only person who may need to have this sort of setup or don't want to have to break the TOS (even if you guys don't mind it in this case).  Any plans for it?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 01:12:52 AM »
Yeap it's something we're looking at :D

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline geckomy

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »
good day.

any decision on the multi device licence yet?

thank you.

Offline ShieldsCW

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 08:27:19 PM »
I, too, would like a multi-device license. If you really don't mind, then maybe it can be something really cheap, like $5 per device that you want to use at the same time (as long as they are on the same internet connection).

I have three computers connected to my router, and would want to use the VPN on all three. Only one uses P2P.

Offline blueskyair

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 01:59:00 AM »
i am also very interested licensing more devices.  Has there been any progress in this area in the past year?

Let's say I have 4 devices, a desktop, laptop, tablet, and smart phone, and L2Tp doesn't meet my requirements - how can I use your service on all of them without violating the usage agreements?   Do I need to get 4 accounts?   

Thanks for any guidance you can provide,
blue

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 10:46:25 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest in a multi-device subscription. As it is currently, our portal system does not allow for this. We have a complete revamp of our user portal in the works, when this is finished we should be able to look into a multi-device subscription. I believe current progress is about 50% finished.