Author Topic: Certificate Expired on Mac OS X 10.8.3  (Read 8825 times)

Offline sprale

Certificate Expired on Mac OS X 10.8.3
« on: November 03, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »
I'm having a problem similar to this thread, where after I renewed my subscription back on 28 October, but I am still unable to connect with the Boleh VPN client. I just downloaded the latest version again, and have checked on a couple of Macs running different versions of OS X with the same results. I've tried updating the config from the client, and while it says it is successful, it still fails to connect. The log is below, screenshot attached, and any assistance is appreciated.

Log
Version Server:  1.1.1
Version Current:  1.1.1
Checking installed tap/tun driver...
Installing tap/tun driver...
[ERROR]Failed to install tap/tun driver, kextload failed.
Checking installed tap/tun driver...
Installing tap/tun driver...
[ERROR]Failed to install tap/tun driver, kextload failed.

Edit: My Mac running 10.7 is successfully connecting with the same version of the Boleh client today, but not my Mac running 10.8.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:15:34 AM by sprale »

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Certificate Expired on Mac OS X 10.8.3
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:38:55 AM »
From our FAQS:

This error indicates  that Tunnelblick was unable to load the kexts (drivers) required to make OpenVPN work.
The most common cause is that there are already VPN kexts loaded which conflict with the BolehVPN-GUI kexts.

"Tunnelblick: openvpnstart status #247: Error: Unable to load net.tunnelblick.tun and/or net.tunnelblick.tap kexts in 5 tries. Status = 71"
"Tunnelblick: openvpnstart status #247: Error: Unable to load tun and tap kexts. Status = 71"

If you also see the above lines in your log please follow the steps detailed below:

Open a Terminal window. Type in kextstat
Scroll down the list of results. Look for something like foo.tun and foo.tap, com.cisco.cscotun, com.viscosityvpn.Viscosity.tun and com.viscosityvpn.Viscosity.tap or com.pogoplug.xcetun.
Type in sudo kextunload -b "name of tun or tap found in kextstat"
(For example, if foo.tun or foo.tap are found, type in sudo kextunload -b foo.tun or sudo kextunload -b foo.tap)

This fix will likely be undone if you reboot the computer as the conflicting software will likely reload the kexts again.

The long term solution to this problem is to disable the conflicting program from launching at startup or uninstalling it.

Offline sprale

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:21:02 AM »
I wonder if it could be conflicting with Cisco AnyConnect, which is installed on my Mac that has issues connecting with Boleh? I don't have it installed on the other that connects with Boleh without issue. I have to use the Cisco VPN for work. I don't see any of those you mention in the results.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 12:17:31 AM »
Yes, this is most likely the problem. Perhaps you could try uninstalling Cisco, then reboot your system. Install our VPN client, check that it works well, then install Cisco's VPN client after that.

fredr1k

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »
This is happening to me too. I have renewed my sub. And It stil says "Cetificate might be expired. Do you want to renew sub." what to do  :o

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 12:52:25 AM »
Settings tab and hit Update. Should do the trick. If you still get the expiry notification hit No and connect anyway

Offline sprale

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 01:18:11 AM »
Yes, this is most likely the problem. Perhaps you could try uninstalling Cisco, then reboot your system. Install our VPN client, check that it works well, then install Cisco's VPN client after that.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling in the order you suggest. Its been a busy week at work and home, so I'm going to try it this weekend. When I try connecting anyway, it still fails, so hopefully its just a software conflict that can be resolved by reinstalling. I'll update the thread when I have time.

happyipuser

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 09:37:11 PM »
I have experienced the same issue with OSX 10.7.5 and the Bolehvpn client.

All was working well until I updated the application this evening.

On reviewing the kextstat list, only tunnelblick tun and tap were present.

Has a solution been found yet ?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:40:02 PM by happyipuser »

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 11:35:38 PM »
Please email us at support@bolehvpn.net with the logs from the BolehVPN client.