Author Topic: [WTS] Linksys NAS 200  (Read 8980 times)

louislee1991

[WTS] Linksys NAS 200
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:36:04 PM »
Item(s): Linksys NAS 200

Package includes: Power supply, CD installation amd Network Cable

Price: RM 450 (Can Nego)

Warranty: 1 Year

Dealing method: COD ONLY if DELIVERY pay full price

Location of seller: Ampang or Damansara

Contact method/details: Call or SMS me at 012-9280993(Louis) or PM me or email me at leechunszen@gmail.com

Age of item: 1 Week

Item(s) conditions:Brand New

Picture:

Reason for sale: Need Cash

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: [WTS] Linksys NAS 200
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 01:03:09 AM »
What kind of drives does it support?

SATA?

If it has gigabit support I'll be very interested in this.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

louislee1991

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 01:11:30 AM »
yeah it supports sata. i tried with 2tb and it works fine. wht do u mean by gigabyte support? yes, it has a network port

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:16:05 AM »
does it have gigabit lan?

Ouch:

In this day and age, it’s unpardonable to not provide a Gigabit interface. 1 TB of storage is great, but five minutes to transfer 1 GB of data is just too long. We tested the unit with multiple files and folders, as well as a single large ISO image, and transfer rates hovered around the 3-5 MB/s mark. If you can live with the excruciatingly slow transfer rates, it’s a decent device. We wouldn’t recommend it, though.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

louislee1991

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 01:17:39 AM »
u mean the one that supports the network cables like cat 5? yes

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 01:20:40 AM »
Well good for non HD lovers I guess but kinda defeats the point of a NAS when it's slow and has some proprietary formatting on it.

From Digit Geek:
Things I like
The thing I like most about the NAS-200 is how easy it is to set it up. The install utility works well with all versions of Windows including Windows Vista, sets up the drives, and automatically maps a network drive. After this you can do everything you need either through the software provided or online so you have total control over the device. The final thing I like is the price. Coming in at just under $200 the NAS-200 is one of the cheapest network attached storage systems available. If you’re on a low budget this is definitely for you. Unfortunately, other than the easy setup and the low price there isn’t that I like about the NAS-200.

Things I don’t like
The thing I like the least about the NAS-200 is its transfer speeds, they are absolutely terrible. Moving 5 files for a total of 5.30GB, from the PC to the NAS-200 took just under 40 minutes with an average transfer speed of less than 3.60MB/sec. Since it has a 10/100 interface, the theoretical maximum transfer speed was 12.5MB/sec and I was hoping to get somewhere around 8-10MB/sec on writes and reads. The NAS-200 also uses proprietary software to format the drives so you can’t swap them into a computer without formatting them before hand. This is really annoying and in my opinion rather stupid, but what can you do.

Co-Founder/Administrator

louislee1991

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 01:21:34 AM »
well, i tried watching normal movies formats and avi formats it works but not for hd. u want reubs?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »
Nah it's ok :P I'll just stick with my linux box for the moment.

Co-Founder/Administrator