Author Topic: M4V site idea.  (Read 4225 times)

cstkl1

M4V site idea.
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
Hmm got a idea. Just wanna see feedback and opinion.

How abt start a private torrent site.Encode a specific way to make sure get max resolution to size ratio on blu-ray.The tracker will be a seed box say 3tb in size with 36tb upload/download quota with 10gbps upload download bandwidth.

Everybody shares the cost say like for the seedbox like above is 90pounds a month. Idea is to get 90 ppl per 3tb hdd. Try to keep it at Rm5-RM10 per person for monthly basis. If no of ppl not taking up bandwidth then start buying itunes movies and start breaking the drm and place it at the server with the extra cash if it ever reaches to that state. Aim of this is to reach 1000 users. Beginning will be slow as content is a issue and teaching ppl encoding to upload. Later can even pool dough to buy blu-rays and say for senior verified members can like borrow it on a time basis. Extra cash can also be used to buy in in private tracker sites like torrentleach with superleaching privileages to get tvshows ( as they are released ) and blu-rays (leaked and official)

Divide the section of trackers to two. One is for Blu-ray and second for complete m4v.

Think ppl will go for this? Think theres a market?

btw if u wanna talk about sharing itunes drm movies and say its illegal. I dont see it any different that all the threads in garage doing renting movies of personal blu-rays without distribution and sharing license.

points to ponder.

1. Require a HTML and XML expert of sites etc
2. Encoders ( i7 computers with SSD fast internet atleast 10mb line)
3. Something to manage payment which will be paypal and show accounts transparency etc.
4. Part of encoding process. I can do all the OCR subs in english but maybe will add later malay and chinese. So will have to find ppl with good high proficiency in this.

Pros is u get a dedicated seedbox that will maximize ure speed. Can also add a vpn to this since we have server space for those who want protection etc. No seeding required. Get latest stuff based on blu-ray releases or leaked blu-ray releases.

So till then feedback
Take note i have no clue abt  managing a website. But can give encoding tutorials etc.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: M4V site idea.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »
I think as a matter of policy, we cannot officially be a host of this especially when DRM is being broken. In the US, I believe a recent ruling did say that breaking DRM IS legal but it's what you do with the content later that matters and my personal opinion is that breaking the DRM does evidence some sort of intention to bypass copyright especially if there is a price attached to it.

Video rentals usually should have a license to rent videos out or purchsae the videos from suppliers at a higher price to cover the rental licensing. Personal rentals of movies are probably strictly looking at it, illegal, but due to the physical nature of it, the loss to the companies is minimal and therefore there hasn't been any serious action taken on them.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

cstkl1

Re: M4V site idea.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
Yeah guess so. And apple stand to sue everybody with limitless legal cost, a thought to reconsider and de-null the idea lol.

so no mess with apple. Life happy