Author Topic: Some concerns and questions before subscribing  (Read 6774 times)

thornduck

Some concerns and questions before subscribing
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:37:16 PM »
Hi! Recommendation from a friend brought me here and I'm not very interested. I have 5 computers in my home with an average of 2-3 on at any one time. All of them access the internet through a 1mbps Streamyx account connected through a wireless router. 1 comp runs Windows 7 while the rest dual boot Windows XP and Linux Mint (this usually) which is an extension of Ubuntu as far as I can tell. My questions are

Is it possible to use VPN services on multiple computers at once?

Will I face much difficulty getting it to work on Windows 7/Linux Mint?

I understand that VPN allows you to bypass certain region locked videos on sites. I also believe that Streamyx has placed a bandwidth limit on youtube and a few others (similar to torrent throttling) and am wondering if VPN helps with this as well.

These questions may have already been answered. If so, I apologize.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Some concerns and questions before subscribing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
1. Only if you use 1 streamyx connection with it. 2 simultaneous connections from the same IP is fine.

2. No problem with Windows 7, Linux Mint shouldn't be a problem if you're familiar with its packaging system.

3. Doesn't help with streaming, we're beta testing a service that might do so. But yes it would bypass the locked region

Hope this answers ur queries.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

thornduck

Re: Some concerns and questions before subscribing
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »
It does. Thanks!