Author Topic: Mac Users  (Read 5616 times)

majordomo

Mac Users
« on: June 12, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »
Hi all,
The latest nightly of Transmission now has proxy support!  :)
Link: http://transmission.xpjets.com/

Hopefully it will mean we have a viable alternative to Azureus..

I will be testing it to see if it is any good, but give it a try yourself if you have the time...

Cheers
S.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Mac Users
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »
that is indeed good news :D

If you can post up a guide or screenies on the settings that would be awesome :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

majordomo

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:51:28 PM »
Interestingly, when using Azur through BolehVPN, if you forget to activate the VPN by mistake, Azur alerts you and won't connect at all.  With Transmission, if you do the same, it does connect with the same config.. making me wonder how effective Transmission is working through the proxy...

So, I tried it and it doesn't seem to be ready for prime time yet...  the dev told me that:
"Small note, this proxy support is for Tracker communication only. Doing so for the p2p communication would be madness (or so I've heard)."     :o

I'm putting a screenshot but nothing is really different, it is just an option in the preferences.. am I doing it right?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:18:33 PM »
If it's for tracker communication only then it won't work properly unfortunately :(
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator