Author Topic: torrent download  (Read 11063 times)

casadick

torrent download
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:59:48 AM »
Hi

Need some advise as to what i need to put together the files..with extensions .r00, .r01, etc..some of the movies i downloaded come in these forms..which i have no idea how to put them together to watch..or what movie viewer to watch them on after joining them i suppose?

Also another type of downloaded movie torrent files - .iso...files?

Appreciate some advise and directions on these pls.

Thks!

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Re: torrent download
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 02:13:29 AM »
Need some advise as to what i need to put together the files..with extensions .r00, .r01, etc..some of the movies i downloaded come in these forms..which i have no idea how to put them together to watch..or what movie viewer to watch them on after joining them i suppose?

Also another type of downloaded movie torrent files - .iso...files?

Not exactly the right place for this post, but anyway, what you need to extract the files contained within the *.rxx files can be found as a free download here: http://www.7zip.org/

As for *.iso files, they can also be extracted with the 7zip software, but the better thing to do would be to mount it as an iso disc using something like daemon tools or alcohol 120% (if your intention is to watch it on your PC), or burn it onto a CD/DVD using something like CDBurnerXP Pro, which is also available as a free download here: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:16:04 AM by Lord Schadenfreude »

casadick

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:18:17 AM »
Thanks for the advise on the 7zip program to undo and get the .rXX files.

As I prefer to watch the iso files straight on PC, any advise on this? Instead of getting CDs to burn...

Tks!

freeman85

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:01:15 AM »
u can use alcohol 52% which is free software to mount the iso
or daemon tools lite which is also provide same function as alcohol and also free

casadick

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
Thanks Freeman.
Will try out ur recommendations!

casadick

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »
Hi again,

Hope to get some help from forum members -

I downloaded a movie torrent - IPtorrents - Getsmart.2008.BRRip.XVid.AC3.D-ZON3:

It contained a lot of files in there - Used the 7zip program to extract all the R.00 - R.46 files...but after completing..the movie plays..but the sound is not there except for some clattering/ticking noise...

Hope can get some advise on what I am doing wrong? 

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 08:40:30 PM »
Sounds like a codec problem rather than anything else.

Try mplayer
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

casadick

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »
Thanks Rueben,

Am downloading the Mplayer from this site - http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MPlayer-for-Windows-Full-Package-Download-55997.html

Hope this is the one?

Anyways..is it compatible with Vista? Cos read and saw this is more a linux designed application? as opposed to the built in Windows Media player?

Kindly advise..as I am rather confused with all the movie players...and the tons of codecs, etc...always seem to have this issue...only common video files i can view on windows media are Mpeg and AVI..and WMV..thats all..anything else..always kena this kind of problems...either no pic no sound..or either of those...sigh!

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 11:45:44 PM »
use this: http://www.filehippo.com/download_vlc/
it should play everything under the sun without you having to worry about codecs and whatnot.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 11:51:14 PM »
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

casadick

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »
Thanks Guys!

Will try the MPCHC and the VLC.

Cheers!