Author Topic: Unable to Connect to VPN with New Paid Subscription  (Read 5265 times)

Offline MSkiles29

Unable to Connect to VPN with New Paid Subscription
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:04:19 AM »
All,

On 7/3/2013, I renewed my subscription via PayPal successfully; however -->

1) When my previous subscription expired on 9/1/13, the new subscription didn't pick up where the old one left off. Its currently showing as being renewed from 7/3/13 onwards.

2) Whenever I attempt to connect via the VPN client, I'm receiving subscription expired errors.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Username: MSkiles29
Account: BFQ83447
Email: matt.skiles@gmx.com

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Unable to Connect to VPN with New Paid Subscription
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:00:31 PM »
Hi there. This error is most likely due to you not having the latest, up to date keys that you need to connect to our servers. You will always need to update your keys and config files every time you purchase or renew your subscription. Thankfully, this is pretty easy with our client.

+ Try this please. Open up the BolehVPN client, then go to the Settings tab and hit Update. Try connecting now, hit No on any expiry notifications you get.

+ If that fails, using Internet Explorer / Safari, visit our user portal (https://portal.bolehvpn.net) and login. Now, start up the BolehVPN client, go to the Settings tab and hit Update. Try connecting now.

+ If this fails as well, hit Download keys from the user portal. You will download a .zip file, open it up and extract the contents to the BolehVPN\cfg\OpenVPN (If you are on Mac, this is the address /Applications/BolehVPN.app/Contents/MacOS/cfg/OpenVPN/ ) folder. Make sure that they are extracted as **loose, individual** files and not into another folder inside the OpenVPN folder.

Restart the BolehVPN client and try connecting now.