Author Topic: "No VPN shared secret was provided" when trying to connect to L2TP VPN on iOS  (Read 14193 times)

ramses luther smuckles

I ran into a pretty frustrating problem trying to set up L2TP on my iphone. I followed the instructions on the site, entering all the information as it was presented, but for some reason the password and secret fields reset to blank after I save the configuration settings. turning on the VPN at that point brings up a screen asking me for the password. when I enter the password, i get the following message:

"The IPSec Shared Secret is missing. Verify your settings and try reconnecting."

At that point I hadn't touched any settings under the IPSec tab, so I entered the shared secret/key in the Secret field under the IPSec tab. Trying to turn on the VPN after this doesn't bring up the password prompt, just this message:

"No VPN shared secret was provided".

Any idea what's causing this behavior? I'm on an iphone 4 with 5.0.1 if that makes a difference.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Could you PM me with the secret you used? but it does seem to be an iOS bug rather than anything on our side since the settings are NOT saving.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

ramses luther smuckles

Sent the PM