Author Topic: What version of Utorrent to use with bolehvpn?  (Read 11942 times)

dc29

What version of Utorrent to use with bolehvpn?
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:48:21 AM »
Hi,
I will be getting bolehvpn next week. I used it long time ago ang got good speeds.But utorrent has since had many updates.As of now what is the best version and build i should use?

Thanks

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: What version of Utorrent to use with bolehvpn?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
2.0.4, as it fixes the recently exposed Windows flaw. Just disable uTP, set bt.transp_disposition to 13 in Advanced settings.

dc29

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »
Thanks

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »
A few sites including bitmetv has banned anything from 1.8 and above. It seems that 1.6 is the most stable utorrent. Whatever versions you need must be accepted by your trackers first and then tests against our servers. We do believe that 1.8 versions is better that post 2.

Co-Founder / Administrator

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
Sorry Pit Boss, but you're wrong this time.

As stated in the bitmetv announcement: Due to a SERIOUS exploit with Windows and uTorrent, all versions of uTorrent after 1.8.2 (14458) are banned except for the latest, uTorrent 2.0.4 (21586).

uTorrent 2.0.4 (21586) has now been accepted at EVERY major private tracker with the exception of thebox.bz so if you're not a regular user or member of that tracker, there is no reason to use any other version(s).

I know Chris said to set bt.transp_disposition to 13 in Advanced settings, but I've set mine to 5 as per the instructions here: http://mydailytech.com/post/utorrent-2-0s-utp-really-kills-your-speed/ and they've worked flawlessly for me.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »
Incase anyone is wondering, setting bt.transp_disposition to 13 means that you'll attempt outgoing TCP connections, but accept incoming TCP and uTP connections. I've found this to have no negative effects on my speeds, and it may have helped with speeds on low seeder torrents.

Offline boytexasgod

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 06:48:36 AM »
uTorrent 2.2 is officially out and seems to have some nice new proxy support especially with UDP and UTP. Anybody have some time to test the official build out?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:22:45 AM »
Interesting :D Will give this a try this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

wkit23

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »
Er... better stick back to 2.0.4.
Just upgraded to 2.2 and it keeps hanging for me.
Have to downgrade it back.

wildwestgoh

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »
Incase anyone is wondering, setting bt.transp_disposition to 13 means that you'll attempt outgoing TCP connections, but accept incoming TCP and uTP connections. I've found this to have no negative effects on my speeds, and it may have helped with speeds on low seeder torrents.
Does each number represent different connectivity? Mine is set to 23 (not sure when I did that) and if I reset it to default, it's 31 (higher 0.0"), should I set 13 for better connectivity?
p/s: Didn't have any issue from my uTorrent currently, just curious if that might have effect on bolehvpn servers?? or my Internet connections?

ariyako

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »
which server vpn u use normaly to download torrent from pirateybay? btw im using 2.0.4 utorrent

p/s: im new so sorry if asking question too much :p

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »
You may wish to read up on the differences between private and public trackers here, http://www.bolehvpn.net/forum/index.php/topic,4432.0.html and also what the different configurations in OpenVPN are used for here http://bolehvpn.net/serv_bolehvpn_inst03.html

To answer your question, use the Publictracker configuration in OpenVPN. Wildwestgoh: 31 means you're both making and receiving UTP connections, there were reports previously that this affected speed adversely. If it improves or doesn't affect your speed, I suggest leaving it alone.

Offline pkrisnin

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 06:35:09 PM »
Er... better stick back to 2.0.4.
Just upgraded to 2.2 and it keeps hanging for me.
Have to downgrade it back.

Wow I thought I was the only one 2.2 keeps hanging after about 1 min for me too , so I downgraded back.

miketeoh1

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »
Only have this hang issue after 1 week testing..... can anyone share the link for 2.0.4?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon