Author Topic: How to check if the utorrent downloading is secure via Private Tracker  (Read 8351 times)

Offline awyoung

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Does anybody know how to check if utorrent is actually using the Private Tracker? I am connected via BolehVPN's Private Tracker and set up the utorrent setting for socks 5 and disabling the DHT, local peer discovery, etc.

I am able to check my IP if I go through bolehroute but the utorrent connection is slow (ranging from 20~30kB/s).. but now I'm at 1.2~1.8MB/s

Just want to know if I am in a secure utorrent connection.

Thanks!

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: How to check if the utorrent downloading is secure via Private Tracker
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
A simple test to know is to disconnect from bolehvpn and see if you still get any traffic in utorrent. Disable local peers, just enable use proxy server for peer to peer and ticked resolve hostname thru proxy in the connection setting.

I f there is no traffic, then you are using the proxy server.

Co-Founder / Administrator

Offline awyoung

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »
Thanks.. or I just found out, I can check through http://checkmytorrentip.com/

The site let's you download a dummy torrent and then reports back to the site what's your IP... in my case, it said Netherlands.. :-)

Thanks again!  8)

Offline awyoung

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
Hi Pit Boss, I was actually mistaken. The site downloads and detects my IP as Netherlands. However, my d/l from demonoid says "proxy connect error: offline (timeout), peer exchange, local peer discovery , and DHT i have disabled.

I follwed the utorrent guide as well. but when I disconnect I still get connected and download fast speeds..

Offline ShadowTek

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 06:49:22 AM »
To visually monitor connections in realtime, EtherApe is a useful program. You can select the interface that you want to monitor, which will show you if your connections are using your TUN/TAP device.

I'm not sure what the Windows equivalent is.