Author Topic: "Unknown error please check log:"  (Read 8572 times)

JSTePHN

"Unknown error please check log:"
« on: December 17, 2013, 01:31:29 AM »
Hi, I just bought a 30 day subscription, activated it, and updated in the settings tab. But every time I click connect, it just gives me the error message "Unknown error please check log"

My VPN log:

SUCCESS: download 14253 bytes user profile to local.

SUCCESS: download 794 bytes update information to local.

Version Server:  2.4.1

Version Current:  2.4.1

Checking installed tap driver...

ROOT\NET\0003                                               : TAP-Windows Adapter V9
1 matching device(s) found.

Use port 44358 as management port

Options error: --ca fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/ca.crt': No such file or directory
Options error: --cert fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/jstephn.crt': No such file or directory
Options error: --key fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/jstephn.key': No such file or directory
Options error: --tls-auth fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/ta.key': No such file or directory
Options error: Please correct these errors.
Use --help for more information.

[ERROR]vpn connect error, please check log

ROOT\NET\0003                                               : TAP-Windows Adapter V9

Options error: --ca fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/ca.crt': No such file or directory
Options error: --cert fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/jstephn.crt': No such file or directory
Options error: --key fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/jstephn.key': No such file or directory
Options error: --tls-auth fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/ta.key': No such file or directory

Can anyone help??

Offline burtmunro

Re: "Unknown error please check log:"
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »
I am having the same problem now after having to update my settings.  I can't log on!  Please help!

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »
Jstephen: Go to the Settings tab of the BolehVPN client, hit Update configurations. If it fails, hit Change user and check you logged in with your bolehvpn account.

Same for you burt

If that fails, try manually updating the configs manually. Go to the user portal, https://portal.bolehvpn.net login and hit Download keys. Extract to the bolehVPN\cfg\OpenVPN folder

JSTePHN

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »
Chris, i tried everything you said, and updated them manually like you said, but now i get the message "Certificate might be expired. Do you want to renew subscription?"
And as i said, i bought 30 days.

EDIT: My log after updating:

SUCCESS: download 16523 bytes config file to local.

Options error: --cert fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/JSTePHN.crt': No such file or directory
Options error: --key fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/JSTePHN.key': No such file or directory

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:53:44 PM by JSTePHN »

JSTePHN

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 09:54:29 PM »
The log after updating manually(getting the same error as in the title):

Options error: --cert fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/JSTePHN.crt': No such file or directory
Options error: --key fails with 'C:/Users/??aia/AppData/Local/BolehVPN/cfg/OpenVPN/JSTePHN.key': No such file or directory

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »
Go to the BolehVPN\cfg\OpenVPN folder, screenshot the contents and post here.

If you get a "Certificate expiry" notification when you try connecting, hit No and connect anyway.

If this fails, email at support@bolehvpn.net and we'll setup a Teamviewer session.

JSTePHN

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »
OK, so i just updated the C:\Users\Ярема\AppData\Local\BolehVPN\cfg\OpenVPN folder with the download package(copy and replace), and did NOT press update after that. I just restarted the bolehvpn program.

Here's the screens (the second one is the same folder, but scrolled down):

BTW I also noticed that when i updated in the program, several files from the manual update disappeared(deleted).

And the log:

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 01:01:45 AM »
Just identified the issue, unfortunately since your User folder isn't using latin characters the client doesn't recognize the path. So this is why it's giving these errors.

One fix is to just use openVPN-GUI instead. Follow this guide: http://bolehvpn.net/serv_bolehvpn_inst02old.php use the latest version of OpenVPN-Gui from their website http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html