Author Topic: SSH Proxy  (Read 7239 times)

ipernorris

SSH Proxy
« on: April 10, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
Hello,
does BolehVPN offer SSH proxies? I would like them because I like to secure only the applications I like and not all of the connections coming in and out from my computer.

ipernorris

Re: SSH Proxy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »
Reading better the offers I read this:
7. Flexibility to choose which traffic is routed via the VPN.
Doesn't this ability make the service Bolehvpn offers a ssh proxy (what I was looking for), rather than a vpn (which routes ALL traffic through the proxy)?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:53:34 PM »
ipernorris:

We offer a proxy secured by a VPN. only connections that use the proxy pass through the VPN while others are unaffected which I believe achieves what you need to achieve.

It's not strictly a 'ssh proxy' but it works on the same principles. AFAIK, our setup should be more resilient to higher loads than a normal ssh proxy.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

ipernorris

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:01:40 PM »
ipernorris:

We offer a proxy secured by a VPN. only connections that use the proxy pass through the VPN while others are unaffected which I believe achieves what you need to achieve.

It's not strictly a 'ssh proxy' but it works on the same principles. AFAIK, our setup should be more resilient to higher loads than a normal ssh proxy.
Ah ok it's a sort of hybrid between ssh and vpn then, because I knew that routing selective applications = ssh proxy, routing all of the internet traffic = vpn. In fact I'm quite annoyed by the general vpn concept, because I want to route only what I want to route: it can be easily solved installing the vpn in a virtual machine, but the overall performance impact on the system is quite huge. Thanks for the reply! :)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »
mmm okie...actually there's nothing wrong with the VPN concept it's just that most ppl set up their VPNs to pass through everything through the VPN as it's easier to configure that way.

We offer both solutions.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator