Author Topic: BolehRoute's getting crowded.  (Read 5984 times)

Offline ShadowTek

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Lieutenant
BolehRoute's getting crowded.
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:35:59 AM »
Fortunately, I haven't had any problems yet.

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: BolehRoute's getting crowded.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »
I've being monitoring the bolehroute usage and it seems a lot of users are going for the bolehroute, maybe due to its 'vpn for moron' settings, where you don't need to set anything in your PC.

Our bolehroute servers are unique that most other providers cause we gave a dedicated public IP to each of those connected and those IP didn't come free and the providers are getting stingy with the ipv4 and we are having a tough time trying to convinve them to give us more IP.

We've already request for another block of IP and awaiting their approval. In the meantime, if situation gets bad, we will setup a boleroute server with shared IP (NAT or PAT) as a workaround solution.

Co-Founder / Administrator

Offline J

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
Pitboss,

I sure don't know about the workings of VPN (except that it's used to bypass throttling by the ISP) but I think there's a difference between bolehroute and the other servers, right?

Would anyone using the proxy servers face any problems since I know of (and am under such) programs/firewalls preventing proxies.

I'm not even certain if I made any sense here. Point here is that it only takes a few steps to set up the torrent client to use the public/private [tracker] servers and maybe bolehroute is better compared to the other servers?

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:24:53 PM »
Under certain firewall settings, using vpn proxy is much better than fully route. If you corp/uni firewall is set to block any changes to the routing table, then bolehroute will be useless in this situation, whereby if you are using proxy, the tcpserver proxy we have will emulate https traffic which makes the firewall to detect it as such and will let the traffic thru.

For those doing highly secure transactions, bolehroute will be better since it hides the use original IP and encrypt the data as well. In terms of server config, both are almost the same except memory usage for vpn proxy is higher while for fully routed, the CPU is higher.

All our proxy servers uses a 4gb-8gb ram while routed uses 2gb-4gb ram.

Co-Founder / Administrator

yangxi

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
any news yet?  adding new fullroute server  ^.^