Author Topic: [WTS] WesternDigital TV™ HD Media Player - plays all kind of format inc. mkv  (Read 56081 times)

papaho1946

Payment made.  Hope to get my unit b4 CNY Holiday ;D

webmachine23

Hi Reuben & Pit Boss, are you guys still taking order? can i order it tomo? waiting for my salary...  ;D

Please advice yah.....

str280265

I'll have one of these too. I'll make payment in a minute.

kk7891

You still taking order. I'll be order tomorrow. Maybe 2 Unit

papaho1946

It was quick, got mine within a day of payment.  Great job Reuben  ;D Tested the unit and everything looks good.  The codec handles HD (mkv) files, video quality is simply brilliant.  However some of the files I've tried don't have audio when played back !!  I know it is a known set back but has anyone some idea how to get round the problem.  (Plse dont ask me to re-convert the file, just dont have the time.  ::) 

Thanks !! I can have HD movie during CNY   ;D

louislee1991

Till when I can take order? I got a cuz from australiq who wants it but no confirmed yet.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
I'll check with our supplier after the CNY period.

stsr280265: did u send us ur details?
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
The issue in audio in mostly due to Sigma maker not wanting to pay DTS for royalty, so that any audio except DTS are playable.
Workaround will require conversion but probably take a few minutes to do it. Download this small but very good audio converter,
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Convertors/PopCorn-MKV-AudioConverter.shtml

You can convert a whole batch of directory to make life simpler.

As for new orders, please update me fast and confirmation.

Co-Founder / Administrator

mafiagang

Hi, I am interested to get 1 unit. Is it still available? Thanks.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Would be available after cny :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

mangkuk

Is still available for order? Price is still RM390?

Happy New Year  ;D

gundalang

is this still available?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Western Digital's offices only opens on Monday so we will advise on the next batch here but it shouldn't be a problem getting more.

Please register your GENUINE interest here so we know how many units to order :D

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
we are now taking second batch of orders!!!!!

http://www.bolehvpn.net/blog/?p=322

for full details on how to order.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:39:10 AM by Reuben »

Co-Founder/Administrator

papaho1946

Payment made.  Hope to get my unit b4 CNY Holiday ;D

Managed to spend some time experimenting with the unit during the CNY hols and I thought I share some of my experiences:=

A very handy and highly protable HD media player which I find most useful when you have a few TV sets scattered around the house.!!  I have even done some demo with the unit at my friends house and it has not fail to impress.  I am using a Buffalo 320Gb ext drive with lots of good HD stuff and music.  As previously mentioned it played almost every media format except digital audio in mkv files.  The handling of jpeg files I find is even better than by the TVIX unit which I also own. Performance of the WDTV is noticeably better after the FW upgrade, which is a simple affair. PitBoss pointed out a way to convert DTS encoded files by using the AudioConverter which works well but it took 3-4 hours to convert a 11Gb file.  Benefit of this process is, we end up with a file encoded with both audio tracks (if we chose to keep the original DTS track).  See Pit Boss post below.

Posted by: Pit Boss 
Insert Quote
The issue in audio in mostly due to Sigma maker not wanting to pay DTS for royalty, so that any audio except DTS are playable.
Workaround will require conversion but probably take a few minutes to do it. Download this small but very good audio converter,
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Convertors/PopCorn-MKV-AudioConverter.shtml

You can convert a whole batch of directory to make life simpler.

The long and short of it is the Buy is a good investment and I have no regrets.

Cheers    :)