Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Guides > FAQs/Troubleshooting Guides

Is there any way to set OpenVPN auto connect when start up windows ?

(1/2) > >>

Bashin:
Is there any way to set OpenVPN auto connect when start up windows ? thanks

asellus:
According to http://www.itsatechworld.com/2006/01/29/how-to-configure-openvpn/
you make a shortcut to the OpenVPN GUI, put it at the Startup meu, then append the --connect bolehvpn.ovpn to the Target field of that shortcut (of course assuming that your config file is named bolehvpn.ovpn).

Thus it may look like this:-

"C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn-gui-1.0.3.exe" --connect bolehvpn.ovpn

Haven't tried it myself though, because I run Windows Vista in standard mode and OpenVPN needs to run in admin mode. If you use Windows XP in admin mode, it shopuld work properly.

Reuben:
There's also a way to make openvpn run as a service via services.msc

need to delete the other config u're not using tho.

Bashin:

--- Quote from: asellus on April 09, 2008, 02:03:49 PM ---According to http://www.itsatechworld.com/2006/01/29/how-to-configure-openvpn/
you make a shortcut to the OpenVPN GUI, put it at the Startup meu, then append the --connect bolehvpn.ovpn to the Target field of that shortcut (of course assuming that your config file is named bolehvpn.ovpn).

Thus it may look like this:-

"C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn-gui-1.0.3.exe" --connect bolehvpn.ovpn

Haven't tried it myself though, because I run Windows Vista in standard mode and OpenVPN needs to run in admin mode. If you use Windows XP in admin mode, it shopuld work properly.

--- End quote ---
thanks for u guys... :D just wanna check by doing this,OpenVPN will auto log in to Bolehroute or BolehVPN...? Btw,i'm in XP admin mode.Btw,bro Erun can u explain in more detail on the method u are mention ? thanks again. :D

asellus:
the ovpn file specified in the shortcut will be used. If you use bolehvpn.ovpn, it will connect to that. If you specify bolehroute.ovpn, it will use that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version