Author Topic: RAN needs your help RM2125.55 Collected Thus Far  (Read 106286 times)

freeman85

Re: RAN needs your help
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »
paid rm 50 ;D

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2007, 11:09:23 PM »
As I have mentioned earlier, it is not a sure thing that RAN will go for the operation though it is the intention to do so.

After speaking to RAN, these are the following issues:

1) Her mom is quite sick and most of her time is still spent caring for her
2) An appointment will be made to reevaluate the cost of the surgery at the GH and see progress. An MRI scan had been done in the past confirming the problem but may need to be updated.
3) I will post an update here as soon as I receive an update.

At this point in time, I believe the best cause of action would be to wait till RAN can arrange her follow-up appointment and ascertain the things below:

1) Cost of the surgery and the scope of work including any preliminary checkups and tests
2) Her EPF withdrawal status to fund the difference
3) Her wishes as to whether she wishes to go ahead with the surgery
4) When it would be convenient for RAN and the doctor to perform the operation if it is decided to carry it out.

Now the question I need to ask the people who donated is

1) When should the payment be made? Once the cost is ascertained and whether she wishes to carry it out? Are you comfortable with me holding it until then or should I just release the funds before Raya?
2) What happens to the funds if RAN does not decide to carry out the operation (remember, this whole thing was not asked by her, it was my idea and it would be unfair to force an operation on her)?

Anyway several people have asked me who RAN is. As I said without revealing too much, she used to be an English teacher as because of her degenerative disc disease, had to stop work and with her EPF funds dwindling, it isn't really a long term solution for her. She is not related to me and her name is Rose Noordin. I know her as she was one of the earliest customers of BolehVPN and formed a friendship. She mentioned her back problem to me and NEVER asked for any assistance on this. All she asked me to do is fix her computer and get her VPN running.

I was thinking about it one day, thought it rather sad and was thinking, hey this community has the opportunity to become a place to help people and I thought this would be a good place to start.

Anyway I hope this clarifies matters. If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to pose them.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

freeman85

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2007, 11:38:07 PM »
When is the operation date? Can you RAN to update, where and when? UKM, UM or GH?

We have about close to 700 paid users, and I dont think it be too much if we give out RM2 for all collection of Oct/Nov as donation to RAN. Reuben, you with me on this?

i support pit boss idea

donating while vpn-ing  ;D
make some poll about this

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2007, 11:42:05 PM »
I have spoken to Pit Boss regarding this Freeman and we do not want to make any commitment till the above issues are clarified and we will take the matter from there :P. I have also spoken to RAN about this and she agrees with me as well.

Also remember it's up to us what we wish to do with our income so it should not be subject to a poll.

This does not preclude future donation drives for other worthy causes but it should remain our discretion :P. It is our hard earned money after all.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

izzymaxx

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2007, 11:51:58 PM »
Well for question 1, I'm with the the idea of waiting until she sees the doctor again for assessments then we can get an idea of what the next step will be. As for question 2, I've already said I'd pledge my part to help RAN and that money should be given to her, but I don't know about the rest. The little part I do to help I'll try and fulfill it. But this is just me.

eye

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2007, 03:17:14 PM »
This is my opinion :

Please release the money to RAN.

I do not know RAN personally. I wanted to help out because I have a very high respect and regards for teachers. And also because for my selfish reason of wanting to be a better person.

My offer to help out comes with no conditions. RAN can do whatever she wants with the money. And I believe and trust her to use it as wisely as she can.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:29 AM »
Since Reuben is too polite to say it, I will: louislee please pay up!  :P

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »
Update from louislee: Pledge withdrawn!  :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:23:57 PM by Craptastic! »

redcable

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2007, 05:36:48 PM »
let her decide then Reubs....

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2007, 07:18:44 PM »
Mmm okie will ask her

Update: she set appointment to see her orthopaedic at 15 Nov.

Please refer to:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00502

for information on her operation.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 11:23:18 AM by Erun »

Co-Founder/Administrator

bel0v3

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2007, 11:21:06 PM »
ortho??? RAN?? who?? what?? oh well..dunno whether is true or not..but since Reuben has asked ( and due to the fact that boleh VPN is good service)..i'll chip in RM50 too...sorry yah..cannot too much coz of "reasons"...hehehe...i'll try to bank into Reuben's maybank account tomorrow if can...

diablo

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »
Have banked in RM100 15 Oct 2007 10:42:45. :) Happy holidays to all.

Offline kiddc

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • aww snap
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2007, 08:43:43 AM »
Donated RM200 to RAN's cause.

yuzzm

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2007, 08:21:08 PM »
RM50 from me . Already bank in the money - Time : 8.14pm / 20 October 2007.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »
to RAN:

Recommended chiropractor to deal with pain (one of my business contacts has a collapsed disc as well and she highly recommended these two):

Jen or Dr Green (012 6668138)

Husband and Wife Chiropractor team in Bricksfield KL

Regarding the operation she also said that there's another kind that's not too invasive and requires only small incisions and costs around 3-4 thousand.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:46:53 PM by Erun »

Co-Founder/Administrator