Author Topic: Web pages load fine but torrents aren't dling [RESOLVED]  (Read 5434 times)

FrankAbignale

Web pages load fine but torrents aren't dling [RESOLVED]
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »
I was just about to post the following but the issue seems to have resolved itself, not sure how.  Thought I'd post it anyway.  Anyone ever experienced this?

I have been a satisfied customer with no issues until recently.  When the new Cloaked version was released I wanted to try it out, even though I am not in a country that blocks VPN service.  After uninstalling the old and installing the new GUI it didn't seem to work as well as the original did so I uninstalled and re-installed the non-cloaked version.  Now when I'm connected to any FR-servers I'm unable to dl torrents but I am able to load HTTP pages in a browser.  WhereIsIp.net reports the same location as the server I'm connected to, so I know the VPN is working.  I've used most if not all of the fully-routed servers successfully in the past with utorrent.  As soon as I disconnect the VPN the torrent traffic shoots up.  This happens on all the FullRouted servers.  I'm currently connected to UK.

Also, when connected to the VPN, the seeds/peers update in utorrent (the tracker is working) but there is zero ul/dl activity.

I've tried downloading my keys again and moving all the files to  \Users\...\AppData\Local\BolehVPN\cfg\OpenVPN.

Should utorrent be running and/or should the torrent be stopped before connecting to the VPN?  I ask because if a torrent is open and dling and I connect to a VPN the speed remains constant and fast, but If I don't start the torrent until after the VPN connection is made the speed tops out at a slower speed than it would without the VPN.  This makes me think that any torrents open when I start the VPN will remain outside the VPN.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Web pages load fine but torrents aren't dling [RESOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
Oh lol. If it happens again, give us the log :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator