Author Topic: [WTS] WesternDigital TV™ HD Media Player - plays all kind of format inc. mkv  (Read 56086 times)

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
 ;D mkv freaks, MUST BUY.

High-definition multi-media adapter
Turn your USB drive into an HD media player
Store your HD content on a USB drive. Plug the drive in and play HD movies, digital music and family photos on your TV. It’s as easy as 1-2-3.

For details:
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572

Selling Price: RM389.00  including shipping to anywhere in MALAYSIA

WARRANTY 1 YEAR BY LOCAL WESTERN DIGITAL

Just add your name and make payment to Reuben accounts M2U or CIMB or paypal as follows:

REUBEN YAP WEN WUI
Maybank2U: Current account 511234055767
CIMBCLICKS: Current Account 11012001269058

No MoQ! We expect to ship this out by Thursday 22nd January 2009 or earlier!

1. Raymond
2. Papaho (payment to be made)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:18:02 PM by Reuben »

Co-Founder / Administrator

louislee1991

I want but i got no cash on me now.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Here's what I found out after using this for a few hours.

1. It can play mkv 720p and 1080p easily without any hiccups from 2.5" IDE and SATA USB. Both normal hdd and FreeAgent tune USB. No external power required to power-up 2.5" USB drives.
2. MKV with DTS, you wont get any sound but this can be is easily converted using popcorn hour dts converter. Took about 3 minutes to convert full length mkv movie dts to mkv aac or dolby audio (using q9550 overdose 3.6ghz).
3. Menu is cool with features to sort by date, favorites, recent and by folders for all formats, movie, pictures, mp3.
4. It has two USB ports, where you can plug a permanent USB cable for usb hdd and another one for u to plug a thumb drives to view picture or play smaller files.
5. It supports ntfs hdd format, well you need this if you want to transfer and play 8GB mkv files.
6. Very small and neat, can put on top of your tv or besides your astro decoder.
7. What else worth mentioning, remote control very small, looks like a nokia phone cause I thought my son was playing with it, but he was playing with the phone.
8. HDMI and RCA jacks to cater to all kind of tv
9. Bad things, no network connectivity and if you lose the remote, you in deep shit cause there's no manual button to do whatever else.
10. Support multi-audio channel and subtitles idx/sub/srt
11. DOES NOT support subtitles in mkv container.

All in all, small price to pay if you looking for a standalone mkv/avi player. Better than getting HTPC or DVD DIVX players.

Reuben just got his unit, maybe he can write longer review after he plays with his hundreds mkv files.

Co-Founder / Administrator

foogray

I'm interested. Put me down for one unit please.

If it's okay with you guys, I'll send the money when you're ready to place the order.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Yeah please hold the price will be revised downwards :D

Distributor dropped their prices!

So good news to you all. Should be less than RM390 now.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline dexbot.fallout3

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Captain
  • I have the right to go apeshit.
Let me sell a kidney first. :P
"There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven and hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."
1080p x264 test file at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSKFM2W5

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
So good news to you all. Should be less than RM390 now.

messy puddle of drool appears...

Offline kiddc

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • aww snap
wah RM390, this is so tempting....

takumin_86

:o very very interested

foogray

RM 390 is a pretty sweet price for this thing. Seems like a good way to get hd content on your hdtv if you don't have a ps3 or hd dvd player.

webmachine23

Hi Reuben, pls do include me....i am very interested in this product mate.... ;D. do let me know when u r going to place the order... ;)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Having some issues here as WD is now closed for 2 weeks and the 'official distributors' are charging a crazy price
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

webmachine23

seriously??? how much are they charging now? if WD is closed....arent the price suppose to drop like crazy heheheh?  ???

i was really hoping to get this product....was surfing all day looking product review...and it was damm good.

just a query, does this product available in Low Yat? if yes, any idea how much would it cost?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Uh where did u learn ur economics :P

WD close means no supply, hence existing units become more exp?

Co-Founder/Administrator

webmachine23

hahaha...do excuse me my economics is very bad...hehehe  ;D

but as for now....wats the current price they are offering to you?