Author Topic: Information Only - Kaspersky Internet Security  (Read 6771 times)

Offline tokenzhu

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Information Only - Kaspersky Internet Security
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:01 AM »

This is for information purposes only.

I've been fighting connectivity and speed issues for a few weeks now (with BolehVPN support) and my problem turns out to be two separate issues.  However, the timing and similarity of the issues made it difficult to figure out so I wanted to share my experience hoping it may help save someone time.

I'm running Win7 so needed to follow https://support.bolehvpn.net/hc/en-us/articles/115001120926-Slow-speed-in-some-servers-Windows-7- to improve speeds.  524288 worked best for me.

Unfortunately, around the same time KIS upgrade the 2017 version, silently, to patch 4/d.  This caused problems browsing using Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.  Thinking it was still related to the first issue I went back and forth installing, uninstalling and changing settings.  Turns out, as of this writing, it's very solidly a KIS issue and the only/easiest fix was to downgrade to the 2016 version.  Once done, everything worked fine again.

So if you are having inconsistent VPN issues where some things like Torrents works but basic browsing doesn't, across all applicable configurations, try disabling KIS 2017 if that works and your KIS settings are default, try rolling back to 2016.  It worked for me.

Offline Anwar

• Support Monkey
  • BolehVPN Staff
  • Datei nicht gefunden!
Re: Information Only - Kaspersky Internet Security
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 03:41:19 PM »
We thank you for bringing this solution to our attention. I'll be mentioning this to other Kaspersky 2017 users as well.