Author Topic: Issue regarding trial subscriptions  (Read 5307 times)

thisismyusername

Issue regarding trial subscriptions
« on: May 20, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »
I signed up for a trial subscription on Friday to test the service and I think I stumbled across something that is a bit frustrating.

I placed my order and activated the sub around 10pm EST on Friday the 17th. My sub appears to have expired today, 5/20 at around 12:01am. So instead of getting 72 hours worth of VPN time, I only got 50. Kinda frustrating that I'm missing an additional 22 hours of use, almost an entire day. I'm sure its just an automated service that looks at the date rather then the entire time stamp for the order but I highly doubt I'm the first person to encounter this. I think its definitely something that should be looked into.

Has anyone else come across this?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Issue regarding trial subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »
Looking at your cert files in our system, your cert was activated on  ‎Friday, ‎May ‎17, ‎2013 11:29:45 AM and should expire on ‎Monday, ‎May ‎20, ‎2013 11:29:45 AM. This time is in GMT +8, which if converted to EST should put your time of activation at Thursday May 16, 10:29 PM. As your order was also placed on May the 17th, and you opened a support thread regarding some issue with the service at 12 noon on Friday (GMT +8), I'm not sure where there's a discrepancy in subscription time, looks like you had your full 3 days?

You can check the same thing for yourself, by visiting the BolehVPN\cfg\OpenVPN folder and opening up the .crt file with your BolehVPN username on it.