Author Topic: Are there Any New Routes Planed?  (Read 6187 times)

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
Are there Any New Routes Planed?
« on: May 24, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »
Are there any new routes being planed? If so what counties will they be in?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Are there Any New Routes Planed?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:17:20 PM »
We're looking at Sweden and some Asian countries.

No commitment yet though haven't found a good provider with unmetered bandwidth unless we want a tiered system whereby some is for p2p and others are not for p2p (which is the approach some VPN providers take).
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »
Reuben, thanks for the reply! I can see the dilemma. Yes, unmetered bandwidth is usually best for P2P friendly VPN's unless the bandwidth allowed is very high. Maybe Germany should also be considered. Germany has been in the headlines a lot the past few years for fighting hard to adopt, and maintain strict laws to protect user's privacy on the internet. Here is a nice resource for researching internet privacy laws in other countries. http://www.informationshield.com/intprivacylaws.html

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »
Yeah I want Sweden, it's the best! :)

Best pirate fighters in the world and good laws!

carnithuranis

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »
Ya, I'm in for Sweden.  For p2p I would think either Sweden or the Netherlands would be best.  As far as Germany goes, I do not think that they are as trustworthy as the two I have previously mentioned.

Offline shadowdrifter

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:11:03 AM »
Sweden, and the Netherlands would be good choices to.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 11:11:28 AM »
We already have Netherlands servers :D

Btw internet users privacy and copyright infringement are two different things. Often privacy laws will allow the release of information in the event it is in relation to a crime.

We have now implemented a German server just to test things out and see how it goes. Sweden unfortunately, their bandwidth is expensive if you want to allow P2P on them. You're looking at an expenditure of the cost of an unmetered gigabit server in another country for an unmetered 100 mbit server in Sweden. This is not out of the question and is something we will look at but until we see significant interest in this, the cost is prohibitive.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
We already have Netherlands servers :D

Btw internet users privacy and copyright infringement are two different things. Often privacy laws will allow the release of information in the event it is in relation to a crime.

We have now implemented a German server just to test things out and see how it goes. Sweden unfortunately, their bandwidth is expensive if you want to allow P2P on them. You're looking at an expenditure of the cost of an unmetered gigabit server in another country for an unmetered 100 mbit server in Sweden. This is not out of the question and is something we will look at but until we see significant interest in this, the cost is prohibitive.

Keep any eye out on Germany and I'd read up on Germany, unless you have already, I've read some pretty bad things concerning users online rights, privacy, etc... Germany has had a bad internet record in the past...