Author Topic: Streamyx Speed from 1.5 down to 1.0 Mbps  (Read 17523 times)

goldfish

Streamyx Speed from 1.5 down to 1.0 Mbps
« on: July 21, 2011, 08:42:47 PM »
Dear fellow Bolehnian,

Greeting, I'm goldfish and i'm with BolehVPN (intermittently) for about 2 years. Great service and well done, Boleh!

Well, back to the topic, recently, say about 1-2 weeks back, i started to experience slower streamyx speed, on torrent or speedtest.net, my original speed was constantly 1.5 Mbps but since then reduce to 1.0 Mbps, and I think another 2 streamyx line in my house experience the same issue. (Both my house and office located in Penang, Gelugor)

Anyone experience the problem mentioned? or Streamyx is capping us down?

Good luck,
Regards.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Re: Streamyx Speed from 1.5 down to 1.0 Mbps
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »
Yes, that is apparently their new policy; anyone who had previously benefited from a free upgrade to their 1.0 Mbps have now been capped back to their original subscribed speed. Complaining about this is useless as this is the original speed we paid for. Get used to it; I have. I hope the entire TM staff develop hideous boils and vomit slugs for the rest of their lives!  ;D

goldfish

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
Thanks mate. Coz I call to Streamyx service center and the lady don't know what to answer, just keep on telling me my line is fine.

Well, this is what we paid for. Still, i strongly feel that we are paying too much for too slow of speed.

Kill BN, and we stand a greater chance of getting better Telco services and better internet.

Thanks again, all the best to you.

Regards.

ohya, i like the quote, common sense is not so common.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:42:18 PM by goldfish »

ADiEBAZFAR

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »
Same issue here, I got from a stable avrg 150kB/s down to only 100kB/s in utorrent & I reside at Prai area in Penang.

But recently I find something that's quite troubling me, BolehVPN always got some kind of network error whenever I used the proxied settings so I always get "Proxy connect error: offline (timed out)" in utorrent, it happens to most of the proxied settings & I always get the same said error. *refer to attachment*

I tried the routed options but the download speed that I'm getting usually below than normally the speed that I could get from proxied settings, although at some times it will disconnected itself also.

What's more weirder, I don't have any trouble at all surfing the net & streaming from youtube, but only p2p is affected.

Is this problem normally happens? Do I missed something? What should I do about this? This is not happening before, but only till recently.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 10:55:37 AM »
Take screenshots of your uTorrent settings (Connection Bandwidth Bittorrent Queuing) and post them here please. Could you also post your log for the Proxied All?

ADiEBAZFAR

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
Okay :D

ADiEBAZFAR

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
Here's another.. Can only put two attachments per post? Or is it the Browser fault? *which is Chrome* (=_="  )

ADiEBAZFAR

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 12:50:57 PM »
The Proxied-All Log :)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 02:00:39 PM »
Disable uTP bandwidth traffic management.

Also the torrents you are downloading have rather poor seeder/peer ratios.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

ADiEBAZFAR

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
Okay, I've disabled the uTP. May I know why if its okay? Does the other subscribers need to disabled theirs also? :D

eddieslam

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »
Same issue here la, got from a stable average 160kB/s down to only 80kB/s in utorrent & I'm at Ampang Area K.L
the dload connections macam biskut la kejap ada kejap tkde.. kejap laju kejap slow...  :'(

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 01:04:58 PM »
Okay, I've disabled the uTP. May I know why if its okay? Does the other subscribers need to disabled theirs also? :D

Sometimes uTP automatically throttles the connection when it detects congestion

µTP works to maximize network throughput while reducing network latency and congestion - it is designed to slow itself down when the network is overloaded (when sending and receiving would only make things worse!) - the result is a win-win of faster downloads for users with lower network impact for both users and ISPs.

Now with Streamyx almost always congested :P

But if you're using your downloads go from 150 to 100, you may want to go to speedtest.net without VPN and see what's your max speed to a nearby server. They may have capped you lower.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

ADiEBAZFAR

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 01:31:18 AM »
I see.. Thanks Reuben for clearing it up! I really appreciate it! :D

Yup, I did go to speedtest & it is exactly as U said, they really did capped my speed from 150kB down to 100kB & lower sometimes, it started to happens this month. *sigh* (-_-"    )

Have U heard about this link which is about Astro B.yond IPTV? I just found out today from my friends & Its too good to be true! (=_="   )
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1967458

Offline alpha

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
i guess the "maintenance" by streamyx few weeks ago was to implement this. Reducing speed of us which get the free upgrade to 1.5mpbs....

goldfish

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »
Thanks guy for reply, actually I now having new problem.

Since today (Monday) afternoon, I noticed my download with uTorrent3.0 repeating a similar pattern, after VPN connected (to wherever Proxies/Locations), the download started like usual, however, just after few minutes, the connection drop and eventually stop everything. Some times, the downlaod may start by itself but stop after a few minutes, and it created a 'wave' following each other on Download Chart.

This pattern repeated :
1. I stop all torrent in uTorrent (or restart uTorrent) and restarted it, the download started and stop like described above.
2. I reconnect VPN (to any Proxies/Location), and still the problem persist.

The problem not resolved by restarting Streamyx connection or Router. I perform speed test on Speedtest.net, it look like my connection is just fine; I tried several youtube video from nasilemak2020 and it just stream excellently well.

Some one blocking p2p connection ?

I need some advice.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Regards.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:34:50 AM by goldfish »