Author Topic: Creating multiple accounts with a VPN: fooling Google and forum webmasters, too  (Read 12952 times)

WeekendsAreSpecial

I'm a n00b in the VPN world who just discovered that there are several very popular reasons why a person might choose to use a VPN. I discovered that people use VPN's so they can pirate software from sites like PirateBay without getting caught. Another apparent famous reason is so they can stay safe and anonymous at a public hot spot, say for instance at an airport or at a coffee shop.

My reason for using a VPN is completely different and, perhaps, not a common topic - and thus you may not find many, or any, discussion forums in Cyberspace that have discussed the subject I'll be discussing in this thread.

In order to achieve the VPN related goal I have in mind I have no choice. It's imperative that I go to a technical discussion forum like this one so I can ask people that are technically smarter than I am just how I can go about of achieving my goal.

Many assumptions are bad. The following is a grand assumption that I feel s a valid assumption once you hear me out: There aren't many webmasters and moderators who run discussion forums in Cyberspace that will allow their members to share information about the topic of this thread.

Here's something a little interesting thing about what I'm trying to achieve with a VPN: If I were to go to a popular technical discussion forum that gets a lot of traffic on a daily basis (for example discussion forums like anandtech dot com, hdforums dot com, or blackhatworld dot com) the webmaster and the moderators would not allow me to publish this post. This post would be taken down and instantly deleted in a matter of seconds.

It would also be deleted from Google's discussion forum. Google would not want people to know the answer to the question I am about ready to ask - because Google does not want you to know how you can create multiple YouTube accounts.

And so it is safe to say that the webmasters and moderators who run discussion forums would never allow a post like this one to be published unless you pay them enough money that would allow them to quit their day job so they would never have to work another day in their life. Sorry, I don't have that kind of money!

I hope the moderators and webmaster who run the BolehVPN discussion forum will allow this type of post to be published. I think they will because a forum of this type is a specialized, esoteric forum that does not have a lot of people who tend to have a high post count.

A forum such as this one is not made up of people who come back again day after day after day to make 10 or 20 posts a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, like you would see at other forums that deal with an entirely different subject matter.

A person will come to a forum like this one in order to try and fix a VPN related problem and then when the problem is fixed you won't find them coming back to post 24/7/365 days a year. In other words, unlike forums like RottenTomatoes dot com, most people here have a very low post count. I'm making light of these realities so the moderators who oversee this forum will allow me to publish this post.

Here's an explanation as to what I need help in doing with the aid of a VPN. The explanation I give will eventually be followed with one(1) question related to my VPN related goal: My goal is to be able to create multiple user accounts, or multiple identities with a unique and totally different username assigned to each identity, at certain discussion forums on the Internet - without being identified as the same individual who is registering from the same computer at the same physical location.

Another similar goal related to the aforementioned goal (and I readily admit that this goal may be super-hard to achieve) is to try and fool all-mighty Google by creating multiple YouTube accounts without Google identifying me as the same individual, who is using the same computer, who is posting from the same physical location.

Those are tough goals to achieve - but I'm non-techie talkin' so maybe I'm wrong about that. For the good people out there who think they can help me with this goal, I want to try and save you valuable time by telling you what I already know, or things that I know that I need to do in order to achieve my goal of flying under the a discussion forums radar and the radar of Google and Facebook:

1) A person must create a different and unique IP address for each username - which is basic, common knowledge even for a n00b like me. And just as important (and this, I think, is VERY important), a person must be absolutely certain that each IP address is located at a different geographical location. For example, if you're registering two accounts at the same discussion forum, with the help of your VPN you would, for example, make it appear as if one account is located in Seattle, Washington while the second account would appear as if it is located in New York City.

2) Browser fingerprints: You need to try and eliminate as many fingerprints as possible - which is hard to do, even for experts. Eliminating each and every fingerprint is a tough task. I've learned that there are some things that you can do to get rid of some, but not all, fingerprints.

3) MAC address: This is a controversial topic. I say "Better safe than sorry, so it's best to change your MAC address. Especially if you're trying to fool Google and Facebook!" Some people will argue that you don't need to change the MAC address because, according to them, a webmaster can not see your MAC address. I always wonder, is that true? In order to answer that question I researched the subject. In doing research I found posters who claim that it's 50/50: they claim that some webmasters can identify your MAC address while other webmasters simply cannot identify it. Those same posters claim that an Internet giant like Google and Facebook can easily identify your MAC address without breaking into a sweat. I ask myself, are those posters correct, can you believe them? I'm not sure either way - and so in order to be on the safe side I think it best that I make darn sure that each and every unique username I create has a different MAC address assigned to it.

4) And then of course there are the little things you must do, things that are common knowledge, things like clearing your cache including flash cookies. By the way, I delete flash cookies manually. During the tests I ran I discovered programs like CCleaner will not delete each and every flash cookie as you would expect them to.

5) TOR is a great browser, I use it on a regular basis. I really appreciate TOR, which is why I donated money to them via PayPal. Unfortunately TOR is not an option a person can use when registering to a discussion forum or when logging into a discussion forum.

What I've experienced up to this point in time: I have already created multiple user accounts at certain popular discussion forums. And I've already created multiple YouTube accounts. And please note that I can easily obtain 1000 different IP addresses in one day, or even in one hour - no problem there. And there was a point in time where I actually thought I was fooling webmasters who own forums and I thought I was fooling Google, too (I created many different YouTube accounts). Boy was I wrong about that. Even though I have an unlimited number of thousands of IP addresses available to me that are free and co$t absolutely nothing, eventually I woke up and realized that I'm not fooling a discussion forums webmaster and I'm not fooling Google.

I'm not fooling them because even though I have 1000 different IP's readily available to me, each and every IP address that I create always identifies me as being at the same exact physical location: in Tijuana, Mexico - right next door to San Diego, California.

And so I'm a complete dummy at fooling webmasters and fooling Internet giants like Google and Facebook - but with your help I, and other people reading this, might learn how to use a VPN as a tool that will allow us to outsmart them so we can try and fly under their powerful, high-tech radar.

My one question is this: In order to fool webmasters, Google and Facebook, would it be best to use an IP address that's static or dynamic? My guess, my hunch, is that a static IP address is mandatory in order to fool them.

In my opinion a dynamic IP address, even if it's coming from the same physical location each and every time you log in, WOULD NOT fool them.

A dynamic IP address that, for example, is assigned to Topeka, Kansas would be no good, in my opinion. In my opinion a dynamic IP address that always changes when you log in to a discussion forum would be a HUGE clue that would cause a webmaster to be suspicious of you. To those that have the knowledge in this area of computer science: Is my opinion right or wrong?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. And thank you for any information you can provide in dealing with a highly sensitive subject that 99.9% of the webmasters who work the Internet (along with the employees at Google and Facebook) would never allow people to discuss.

I'm not being facetious, nor am I joking, nor is my tongue planted in my cheek when I say that "Webmasters who run discussion forums and the employees at Google would classify the subject of this thread as 'Highly sensitive and forbidden.'"

Because it is information that would provide the public with techniques that would allow the average non-techie to create multiple user accounts without being identified as the same individual who uses the same computer to post from the same physical location.

It's the kind of forbidden, inside information that a forum webmaster and a Google employee might half-jokingly call "Top Secret."

Thanks again,
Alexa in Tijuana/San Diego

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:29:25 PM by WeekendsAreSpecial »

Offline maxbudin

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Lieutenant
Err ... are you from th NSA ???  You're looking for more grease to slap onto that slipery slope you're on, joe.  Try smokin' regular cigs ya.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
Err ... are you from th NSA ???  You're looking for more grease to slap onto that slipery slope you're on, joe.  Try smokin' regular cigs ya.

Ahh I'm sure he's being honest here, just an inexperienced user trying to learn his way is all... ;)

1) You can create multipile accounts it's not hard I've done it... Also you left out DNS, if you're using Windows it leaks DNS. So you either need to stop the leaks, or with the help of BolehVPN's GUI it does this automatically for you. So actually you left out a very IMPORTANT point, and this might simply be the reason why you're not getting this done, because your DNS is giving you away.

2) Browser fingerprints, yes this could be used against you, but not so difficult to change. Here read all this for changing Firefox options, but it's for Firefox in Linux so you'll want to learn how to change the Windows options to look like Windows or OSX http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=309748&page=3 Not just spoofing your browser but spoofing the OS is good too...

3) MAC address NO it's only visible on the LAN(Local Area Netowrk), not the WAN(Wide Area Network) meaning your ISP sees your MAC not the internet, unless you have one messed up ISP...

4) Flash, cookies, cleaning, yes all good things to do... So far the Flash Plugin is the only one I know that can give away browser identity, so it's good to use NoScript and not allow flash for sites you want to remain private and hide at. BleachBit is also a nice application, but only up to Windows 7... Besides NoScript use the addon 'Request Policy'...

5) Tor, I really don't use it, but yes it can be an issue for signups.

Sometimes VPN IPs get abused by bad users and this can also be a problem. Usully when you try to go to a site, if there's a problem you'll see a ban notification, not even allowing you to view the site, so if you don't get this, then typically that IP should be good to create an account with. BolehVPN has a lot of IPs to pick and choose from...

On Forums it's common forum etiquette to have only one account, so not sure why you want more than one...

I do everything online with a VPN, all the things you mention, except I use one account at forums...

All that nonsense about Top Secret over VPNs forget it, it's all rubbish, people like that are clueless and don't deserve to be classified as computer people or geeks. They're just working people that happen to have some computer skills and I say SOME! Pretty much clueless is what I'd call them...

I used in the past a lot of Google related things over a VPN without issue, and Facebook isn't a problem to use either.

So to summarize, yes it can be done, it's not complicated, it just takes a bit more experience for when you run into situations, to know what the problem is.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:05:27 PM by Slacker »

Petersthing

I tried HotSheild after they promised no ads... I bought the full subscription. Then still had many ads, slow computer and did not hide my identity well.

So I just bought bolehvpn. So far it is a lot better than hotshield, hidemyass and others; no ads popping up, very fast and no virus like thing in my computer. It hides my ip on all the 'check your ip' pages.

Only problem I have with all products;

There is a forum I want to post on. My business competitor got on there (or they secretly own it) and posted abusive comments about my books, website. I am a author. I wanted to get on there and post a comment to defend myself. The owner (competitor...) blocked my ip in the past. I got on and 'test' posted 3 comments in past 2 days to see if the Hotshield and other products work. At first they did; 3 posts got through. then suddenly after the 3rd post the owner realized it was me by my posting of my favorite author's book. Suddenly all ip hiding software even bolehvpn cannot hide my identity. ip must be hidden ok or? How is he detecting me? I tried changing my computer... names and time zone. I used different country ips.

Here's the forum; http://www.central-fixation.com/guestbook.php

He has a box to fill in a code. Is that how? It didn't stop me on the 1st 3 posts. I want to post one more time on his forum; a 4th time to know that this new bolehvpn software works and to learn how to totally protect my identity. If I can get past him, I fell pretty safe.

Other reason I am asking; I want to get this for my new forum to block them. I had to shut down my forum cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id93.html because they keep signing on under false names.

Any help, ideas will be appreciated. All my e-books are free on the website. Download if you like.

Thanks,

Mary

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
User Agent and/or cookies tracking. I suggest using a completely new browser, clear your cache and cookies first. Then connect to a new server and try the forum again. Register using an untraceable email.