Author Topic: Interesting VPN article  (Read 9492 times)

Offline userjame

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Interesting VPN article
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:38:49 AM »
Pretty good summary :D Though our Swiss provider is not in a position to log WITHIN our server so they can only log that you have accessed our server. As we have root access to our own server, it is very difficult for them to check what's going on and link usage to you.

We also continue to maintain our Sweden, Lux and Netherlands servers :D We'll look into obtaining a Romanian server.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline userjame

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 12:44:01 AM »
Pretty good summary :D Though our Swiss provider is not in a position to log WITHIN our server so they can only log that you have accessed our server. As we have root access to our own server, it is very difficult for them to check what's going on and link usage to you.

We also continue to maintain our Sweden, Lux and Netherlands servers :D We'll look into obtaining a Romanian server.

Thank you for giving an honest answer!

A Romanian server would be nice :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:45:51 AM by userjame »

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »
Yep "Privacy' soon to be an extinct word....

Transylvania LOL....

Offline userjame

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 04:25:54 PM »
This article only mentions European countries, anyone know how DRD laws etc, are in Canada these days?

Offline redshift

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 09:51:15 PM »
The NSA are tapping the internet backbone, I'm not sure what's really safe at this point.  Common sense suggest, the NSA has to expect every terrorist to be using some type of encryption to hide their tracks.

Offline redshift

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »

Any chance faster servers are going to be added in the future?  Right now, the Netherlands proxy server 85.17.29.117 is the only server that actually give me my speed of 150/65 Mbit/s.  I get half my speed with the other Netherland proxy server and all other servers are much worse.  Luckily, server 85.17.29.117 is very reliable, I use it exclusively.  But there were a few times, it was not available and my only option was to use other servers at much slower speed.  I would prefer just one more server as a backup that can handle my speed. 

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 05:08:19 AM »
Maybe in the future for the more Paranoid BolehVPN can introduce Multi Hop Service, allowing you to connect to 2-3 servers at a time. Of course 'Multi Hop Service' would be charged at a different rate...

Or what could prove to be something interesting since BolehVPN has developed their own GUI is possibly having it intergrated with Tor?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »
The Germany server has been added which should be pretty fast though it is a proxied connection.

Note: http://bolehvpn.net/serv_bolehvpn_inst-04.php has been updated with TOR
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline userjame

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
Reuben: Any chance of more fully routed servers being added in the near future?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »
Yes that's in the works of course. Looking at a global revamp.

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »
Wooo Global Revamp I'd consider Iceland Reuben if you haven't already. From stuff I've read online it sounds like they have good Internet Privacy and because of this Kim Dotcom is considering moving his operations there...

I'd love to see servers in Iceland and I wouldn't think it would be expensive either to have a server set up there...

Offline bly123

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 04:08:58 AM »
Reuben, what do you mean "the Germany server has been added"?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
We have a new germany server. Was added into the Proxied-Germany config weeks ago, you should have it if you've updated your configs recently.

Offline bly123

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 02:40:31 AM »
Thanks for the explaination.