Author Topic: Proxied Utorrent speeds have dropped dramatically over the last few days  (Read 5194 times)

westpatt

Hi There.

Wonderful service you guys provide compared to my previous VPN supplier

I was wondering if you could possibly point me in the right direction regarding the drop in speed I have been having these last few days.

I was hoping it may have been a systems glitch somewhere further up the track and would resolve itself, but seems to not be the case

I run utorrent proxied (Netherlands) to leave my browsing experience unimpaired and it is has all been wonderful

I have in the past been running say 4 concurrent torrents at between 400-600kps total download speed

But recently the speeds has dropped to around single digits

Changing to fully routed and removing the proxy bumps speeds back up to around 100kps - running without also any vpn also no problem

Changing to another proxied Server (Switzerland) also seems to have no effect - Speeds remain slow

My actual speed thru my isp at this moment is 6.8MPS

The Torrents are well seeded and even the ubuntu Torrent was woeful.

Unfortunately I am travelling overseas for a week tomorrow so I would not be able to physically implement any suggestions

None the less I welcome any advice

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Give our Germany servers a try, we added a new server there which should perform well.

Would help if you could also provide us with the logs from the times you connected and the speed is woefully slow even on the ubuntu. We can identify the server and check it from there.

westpatt

Re: Proxied Utorrent speeds have dropped dramatically over the last few days
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »
Hi Chris

Just back and there is now no problem with speeds

I attach the log file from the last open on that saturday till now

Hope this is what you required

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Proxied Utorrent speeds have dropped dramatically over the last few days
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 04:57:50 PM »
Good to hear that this issue has been resolved. It should have been an issue with our servers load, however we've made some adjustments and brought up new servers to rectify this.