Author Topic: Hulu no longer works (on Windows, Mac and Ipad)  (Read 5272 times)

Otto21

Hulu no longer works (on Windows, Mac and Ipad)
« on: May 05, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if the IP address of BolehVPN is blocked by HULU as I am unable to watch/load any videos from HULU, the Advertisement still works on windows and MAC, but the moment the movie tries to load it just stopped working. On the Ipad it just keeps coming up with connection error message.

I've tried using the BolehGEO USA, while fully routed and SurfingStreaming USA just gives gets blocked by HULU straight away (something about using a blocker and outside of US)

This problem started occuring around 2 weeks ago and I have re-installed the new GUI and used the new L2TP settings, but it still doesn't work.

I've tried searching the forums but I couldn't find anything regarding this problem at all.

Hope someone could help me out with this problem.

Regards.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Hulu no longer works (on Windows, Mac and Ipad)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »
Go to the BolehVPN client's Settings tab then hit Update configurations. After that, tick 'Enable DNS Leak Protection' and try again.

I just tested the BolehGEO server and it works fine for me, watching SNL on Hulu right now.

Otto21

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »
Thank you Chris, I've tried the new settings on Windows and it works now. Mac works after updating the app.

As for the IOS L2TP, The Hulu Plus app still managed to block my connection. I've tested the IP address and DNS leak websites from my ipad and it works fine, so I'm guessing it's Hulu's fault. Would you know any other way to circumvent this?

I'll try using the OpenVPN app on my Ipad using the installation guide provided.

Thanks again.

edit: I've installed OpenVPN, but the app doesn't work (tested with myip.dk) as it still shows my local ip address. L2TP works when tested on myip.dk
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:39:09 PM by Otto21 »

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »
For OpenVPN Connect, which server were you trying? Give me the logs from the connecton attempt please.

Not sure if the app is checking with the Apple store or anything like that. We don't have a Hulu plus account to test on our side either though unfortunately.