Author Topic: Proxied not working, closes my internet connection  (Read 5410 times)

Agluppos

Proxied not working, closes my internet connection
« on: December 03, 2012, 06:37:51 PM »
Hi,
this is most peculiar. I have installed openvpn gui AND boleh gui, and what happens when I try to connect to Proxied-All, is that properly configured uTorrent (or firefox for that matter) does not connect to any peer. Instead I loose my internet connection completely, only restarting computer helps.

I had this same problem with my other computer, then after some trial and error it started working with no problems at all. I do not know what caused that. Versions of TAP-adapter (9.0.0.9), Openvpn (2.1.4) and Boleh (2.0.13) are the same in both machines.

In both machines the system is Win7 64bit.

Any ideas?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Proxied not working, closes my internet connection
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:50:19 PM »
Please give us the logs from that. Try this, connect to the proxied-all server and then try and ping bbc.co.uk (start menu type in cmd hit enter, type in ping bbc.co.uk and hit enter)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »
Could you try uninstalling OpenVPN-GUI? The versions you are using are different and BolehVPN already comes inbuilt with newer versions of the tap and openvpn adapter.

To be sure, uninstall both OpenVPN-GUI and BolehVPN-GUI. Reboot.

Then install BolehVPN-GUI. You do not need OpenVPN if you have BolehVPN
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Agluppos

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
It really took some time, but now it works. I did uninstall both openvpn and boleh, restart, then install only boleh. But it did not help.

Tried various things, and finally specifically instructed Windows firewall (yes, I use only that  :) - figured its good enough for me as I am behind router anyway) to allow BolehVPN.exe both in private and public network. This worked!!  :D

I only cannot possibly understand why failing to do that breaks the connection to internet completely. Well, anyway its ok now.

I see these days Boleh client can be set to autorun nicely at startup :) I still have the openvpn with scheduled task in my 1st computer, but I'll let it be, don't fix what is not broken.

Thanks!

Agluppos

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 11:28:12 PM »
Just a note, I had also Netlimiter and cFosspeed drivers active in TAP adapter.

I disabled those same time I cheked firewall setting. Think it may be actually one of them tha caused the trouble?