Author Topic: [WTS] Gigabyte P35-DS3R  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
[WTS] Gigabyte P35-DS3R
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »
Picture:

Item(s):

Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Brand new with all packaging/cables/manuals (got it from RMA return)

Please pm me if you want to bundle this with my Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13 ghz (used) and I can give it for a good price. I have overclocked this processor with my old P35 board with no issues up to 3.2 ghz. It was cooled very well and stability tested when I took it out so there should be no issues.

Neoseeker review:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware...rlake_p35-ds3r/

Overclocking

Since you already saw the numbers all over the charts, there is no use being coy - I managed to reach a quite satisfying 3.5GHz on the Gigabyte P35-DS3R, air cooled!

Its probable that I could have reached a faster processor overclock - after all, I know that the E6400 I've used has reached 3.64GHz before - however I was interested in maximizing the FSB performance. As you may have read in my previous reviews, the Intel platform is limited by the ammount of information that can be pumped through the aging FSB design.

Intel is well aware of this, that is why the P35 officially supports a 1333MHz FSB - and intel will shortly be releasing 6000 series Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors that will be "designed for" a 1333MHz FSB - in reality, all this means is that they will have a lower maximum multiplier, and they will be guaranteed to work with a 1333MHz FSB.

XBitsLabs review:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboard...a-p35-ds3r.html

As for the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R mainboard that we have reviewed today, it is one of the first solutions on the new Intel P35 chipset to appear in the market and certainly deserves your attention. It is a good alternative to iP965 based mainboards. It supports widespread DDR2 SDRAM, but at the same time offers better consumer features and specifications. Moreover, Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R did very well in our CPU overclocking tests and performed at a very high level in nominal work mode.

Price:

RM290.00 inclusive of shipping anywhere in Malaysia

Excellent value! Please don't expect to be able to bargain much further as the price is pretty low already.

Warranty:

Will have to check on this and see what is the warranty period left.

Dealing method:

Bank in to

Maybank Account

REUBEN YAP WEN WUI
Current Account

CIMB Account

REUBEN YAP WEN WUI
Current account

Location of seller:

Kuching/KL
I can ship to KL with no problems at no additional charge.
If you are in Kuching, I can CoD at Dua Puluh Sen Supermarket at Jalan Mendu in the evenings.

Contact method/details:

HP (SMS): 013 8119120
E-mail: reuben.yap@gmail.com

Age of item:

Brand new return from RMA

Reason for sale:

Had already bought a new motherboard with Crossfire support while waiting for this RMA.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline dexbot.fallout3

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Captain
  • I have the right to go apeshit.
Re: [WTS] Gigabyte P35-DS3R
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »
Dammit 3 weeks too late! I just bought my EP35-DS3R for my server. :'(
"There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven and hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."
1080p x264 test file at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSKFM2W5

louislee1991

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »
I have the same board :D . I wish I have cash when I need it :'(

jaber

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »
Interested here....If bundle with Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13 ghz (can u overclock it for me) what is the best price can u give to me?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 12:16:13 AM »
Right I have to take this off:

The mobo I discovered was not RMAed but repaired. i haven't had the time to test it so I wouldn't dare sell it.

Apologies for the hassle.

Might use it in a spare pc as my office's backup storage.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

onephatcow

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 03:39:27 AM »
<pssst! use it to run a pr0n paysite from your store room...specifically one with muppets and sheep>

louislee1991

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 08:16:31 AM »
I will ur first customer  :D