Author Topic: Applications to use in addition to Boleh VPN to improve privacy & Security  (Read 7810 times)

Offline 14mth4t

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Hey everybody, I am a MAC user of Boleh vpn.  In addition to Boleh VPN i use avast as my antivirus.  In the past I have used disconnect but now that i use a vpn im concerned that using it when i'm not on the vpn could compromise my privacy.  For example, if its sending data all the time it would be sending both IPs from the same computer. 

Are there any other programs you guys use to enhance your security and privacy that can be used in unison with a VPN?  Bear in mind i use MAc.

I've heard there are programs that kill your internet when the VPN goes down, which of these do you guys recommend??

Offline blitzoid

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Set a rule in your firewall to block all outgoing traffic from you antivirus.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
Double & Triple Hop...

VPN Tor VPN
VPN VPN   ;)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
You can try DNSCrypt too :P
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline laurel38

• Boatswain
Double & Triple Hop...

VPN Tor VPN
VPN VPN   ;)

Can you post a tutorial on how to do this? (VPN-TOR-VPN)

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
1. Use a router and run dd-wrt on it, then on your computer you connect to another vpn server, now you're doing VPN over VPN, a multihop.

2. This link shows how to do VPN over Tor; https://www.bolehvpn.net/forum/index.php?topic=6933.0 If as example, you also ran openvpn off a router, then you would end up in this tutorial as; VPN Tor VPN :)

3. Use virtualbox and install a system into it. Connect to the VPN on your Host, then start Virtualbox and run your Guest system and connect to the VPN on it, and now you are doing VPN over VPN, a multihop.

By the way Virtualbox uses 'NAT' as the default network adapter setting and to do this in Virtualbox you need to change that and set it on; Bridged Adapter.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:32:22 PM by Slacker »

Offline laurel38

• Boatswain
Thanks for sharing that.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
Thanks for sharing that.

By the way the Bridged Adapter setting I mentioned is when using Virtualbox for Multihops on the VPN, not for the Tor tutorial...

Have fun! :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:31:07 PM by Slacker »