Author Topic: Preconfigured DDWRT Router setup for Bolehvpn  (Read 10222 times)

Offline naox

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Preconfigured DDWRT Router setup for Bolehvpn
« on: December 10, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »
Hi Bolehvpn,

Not long ago ago, i've read your tweet about anybody interested on buying preconfigured router with Bolehvpn setup. I do and was hoping you already selling one.

Hope not too much to ask..

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Preconfigured DDWRT Router setup for Bolehvpn
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 06:23:41 PM »
Hi there,

Where are you from? I'll forward this up the line and see what we can do for you.

Offline naox

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 07:00:05 PM »
Malaysia, Sarawak.

I currently using streamyx and soon with unfi

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 08:14:25 PM »
When will you get unifi? We can send you a router configured with DDWRT, but you'll have to setup the Unifi side yourself. Do you want a high end router? Basic one would be Linksys E1200

Offline naox

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »
Do you have router that can work 2 way. Streamyx and unifi?
Unifi will be next year. Earliest in march 2014

What brand of router do you offer and how much?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »
Yup, the router will work with both streamyx and Unifi. However you'll need to do some extra configuration of your own at your place to get everything setup, we can only configure the router with DDWRT and our VPN.

We can do Linksys or other brands, depending on DDWRT support for that particular model. Additionally, you will need one which uses a RJ45 port, as Unifi will require this.

Linksys E1200 say about RM280, depending on shipping to your place.

Do you have a particular model in mind?

Offline naox

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »
I'm looking for router that can worked both way, streamyx and unifi.
Must be easy to setup for noobies and with higher realibility (eg: higher running hours, not much affected by heat produce by long hours running) kinda da plug and play.

Any brand will do as long above criteria meets. I was hoping you can suggest one for me

Hopefully not too much to ask..

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
Hmm.

I recommend the Linksys E1200 then. But please note that we cannot make it completely plug and play. You will have to do configuration of your own on your side with your network to get it working.

For example, when you switch to Unifi you will be provided with a BTU (modem that connects to the fibre optic cable), a IPTV set top box, and probably a D-Link router. You will need to configure the D-Link to become a VLAN bridge between the DDWRT router and the BTU. So your computers will connect to your DDWRT router.

I can point you to a guide to assist you with this. But it's up to you, if you are okay with dealing with this sort of setup and configuration required.

sanrooney

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
Hi, I have bought the modem linksys e1200 and installed dd-wrt big successfully. I can configure the wireless
but when i want to connect with the my unifi router im in trouble until now im unable to use my modem. Can u help me to guide
on this issue.

Please.  :-[

Offline 6a6y6lue

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »
HI, I'm new here. I would like to subscribe to your yearly service of BolehVPN but before i commit I would llike to know if your site could provide me with a router with full setup in it and guideline to install at my place as well as $$$ of the router.

What would you recommend for me should i need a router (1st Router no wifi) that will link to my TP-Link WDR4300 (2nd router with wifi) and L7-N-R2000 (3rd router - modem from TM). I'm currently using Unifi 20mbps and not interested in having the IPTV only the internet and Voip.

It sound crazy with so many router as my BTU is in the attic and my house cables are all conceal with 8 ethernet cables need to be connected on the first and 3rd router. Second Router which is the WDR4300 will be on the ground floor as wifi and voip service connector.

your prompt reply would be highly appreciated and thanks in advance :) you can email me directly to 2martha@g m.a il dotcom.