Author Topic: my vpn once disconnected the bt download speed drop  (Read 4435 times)

zeno3383

my vpn once disconnected the bt download speed drop
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:14:18 PM »
Hi there,
I am using proxied-all vpn to my thunder downloader..at first it was fast, but after few hours download , my vpn was disconnected and reconnect but the download speed reduce from 100+ k to 15+ k ...is it my settings it anyway to avoid vpn from disconnected? Thanks

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: my vpn once disconnected the bt download speed drop
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:57:10 PM »
Try getting an IP range with better routing. Visit myip.dk, note your IP, reconnect to the internet, recheck your IP, you want the first two blocks of numbers to change, eg from 124.13 to 60.54

The 175.xxx and 115.xxx ranges are usually horrible for routing. Changing ranges may take some tries.

zeno3383

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:12:28 AM »
I did tired to find the ip out from 175.xxx and  115.xxx , then i managed to connect and run smoothly, however when i download it over night , next morning the download just stop or slow (<15kb), my vpn still connected but ip different ald . Is there anything else i can do to rectify this problem, and i am connected through router. Thanks.

Traith

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
This might be relevant. Like you my neighbour is on Unifi (judging from your IP ranges) and his IP kept changing and downloads would get interrupted. He called TM and they said nothing was wrong at their end but did show him repeatedly reconnecting. So they came over... STB (set top box? Well that box that connects to the fiber) had a fault and was overheating and after that was replaced, the problem went away.

PS I'm almost always on 175 or 115 IP ranges and don't see a problem. But that's just me.