Author Topic: BolehVPN now on Get Satisfaction! New way to give feedback/support/praise  (Read 8181 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
We're trying out to see if this is an easier way to reach out to us :D Seems like forums may be an outdated way!

Please give us your comments!

https://getsatisfaction.com/bolehvpn

*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
Hi Reuben,

Maybe you guys say the same thing in Malaysia? --> 'There's more than one way to skin a cat'... ;)

There's lots of great ways to run a online business and forums can certainly be of benefit, it just depends on the direction you want to take...

Get Satisfaction does seem popular...

Cheers

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
For now we'll maintain both and see how it goes!
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

el_ay_es

Before having seen this thread, I started to post the following on GetSatisfaction, as an "idea to share."  I stopped with having to add contact information there, something I regard as highly undesirable when talking about BolehVPN.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GetSatisfaction
  Not that I'm ashamed of you, of course.  :)
Having read your introduction to this, I do admire the stated principles, but I see no particular benefit to this for me over the existing support forums.  The disadvantage for me is that if I want to learn from others' experiences I now have to look in more locations.  Perhaps it helps keep you from getting bored, which I suppose is of benefit.  Also, depending on how it's set up, you might attract new customers there, which is good.  Anyway, I have just now asked a relevant and reasonable question for the second time in the General Support forum.  I hope it will be answered this time.  That's way more important than the interface.

My idea to share is, you might want to solve the problem of additional work for your customers having to check more places by closing the forums to further posting if you are planning to keep this new location going.  I hope you won't delete the old forum.  The posts are a useful reference at least.

Respectfully, LAS

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:44:20 AM by el_ay_es »

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
For now we'll maintain both and see how it goes!

A forum is a great way to drive an online community and make a business grow! :)

Offline adam7979

• Donator
  • Captain
integrate it into facebook and forum is history ~.~
We got F1 circuit with F1 drivers but need to use a kancil if want to go to Singapore. - Pit Boss

[January 17, 2010, 07:37:40 PM] zniper982: any news on when the streamyx going to be ok.it been 2 weeks now
[January 17, 2010, 08:37:33 PM] ┼65□™ [558]: you've been in malaysia for two weeks onl

el_ay_es

adam7979 said:

I for one refuse to have anything whatsoever to do with Facebook no matter how many of my friends and relatives use it.  Of course I might change my mind, but right now that does not seem likely. 

I know there are others of us privacy-inclined who feel the same way.  I guess I would just have to ask my BolehVPN support questions privately by email.  That doesn't seem so bad as long as I get answers.  But of course then we would not learn from each others' experiences, which would mean even more repetitious work for the BolehVPN staff answering emails.

Offline Slacker

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral

Everything has it's Pros and Cons, but a forum is certainly a great way to have online support and a community...

As it stands right now, Forums are far from being history...

Something else, IRC might be an interesting approach to take, of course it's nice when it's a fairly big and active IRC channel, also nice getting help in real time too...

Offline adam7979

• Donator
  • Captain
getsatisfaction.com integrated the necessary functions for a typical support forum: ask a question, mark it as answered/planned/etc. Facebook merely makes the communication process slightly easier by providing us a slightly faster interface (compared to gs.com's website which is pretty slow imo). Users are still able to search thru past topics so i'd see it as a perfect replacement for forum in terms of support. The only disadvantage i could see atm would be categorizing problems submitted by users which could be bad for late comers as reference.
We got F1 circuit with F1 drivers but need to use a kancil if want to go to Singapore. - Pit Boss

[January 17, 2010, 07:37:40 PM] zniper982: any news on when the streamyx going to be ok.it been 2 weeks now
[January 17, 2010, 08:37:33 PM] ┼65□™ [558]: you've been in malaysia for two weeks onl

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Well Get Satisfaction has the app inbuilt into Facebook as well though the Timeline interface makes it hard to find :(

Co-Founder/Administrator