Author Topic: Clarification for Cheapo Customers  (Read 15614 times)

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Clarification for Cheapo Customers
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:44:52 AM »
EDIT:

This thread is deprecated but I'm keeping it here since some people like to laugh at it or give me crap for it.

Issue 1: No longer a problem cause now we give our customers the ability to choose when toa ctivate

Issue 2: Since now I have employees to help me, this isn't so much of a problem but I won't tolerate rudeness to my staff.

Issue 3: Is still applicable. My prices are as quoted unless you are buying in bulk (10 or more).

Issue 4: Less a pet peeve now that I have mastered using the word 'bro' to get what I want from people. However, please do understand that our support only relates to BolehVPN issues and not other computer problems (or even for some strange customers, personal problems with your girlfriend, your grandma etc etc.).

*END EDIT*

1) Don't be a cheap ass. Our service at FULL PRICE costs RM1 a day. Your keys start when I send it

I am not going to time and postpone key generation till the time that is convenient for you to START it just cause you want to get your money's worth for that RM0.50 or so by the few hours you lose when I deliver your keys while you're at the office.

once you submit payment, when the next key gen process come around, you'll get your keys and your keys start. That's it. No inane 'please start my account at 12 midnight sharp' or 'please send it to me when I call you'.

(2) Paying RM1 a day does not entitle you to boss me around in support issues and demand INSTANT replies

My hourly rate for a person of my technical ability is many times more than RM30 AN HOUR. And when I do look into your computer, it's cause I want to help.

Even when I charge you, heck I'm technically losing money even and these charges are VERY rare unless for cases of really extreme cluelessness.

I reply to almost all support queries that I see and you have direct access to the Administrators of this service. Heck, we even do the dirty work for you. So stop being an arse and thinking that the RM10 you paid for a 7 day trial entitles you to hound me for shit.

3) Subscribing to us for x amount of months does not entitle you to discounts.

We charge a fair price. Unless you want us to operate as a non profit biz or CLAIM TO BE ONE (like some other stupid providers), we will not budge on our prices unless there's a compelling reason to do so. Subscribing to us for 2 months does not make you a SPECIAL customer.

The way I see it, this is akin to negotiating with your CHAP FAN/MIXED RICE seller on personally cooking a special dish for you, not being charged extra for it but then asking for a further discount. Yes bitchy ain't it?

Comparing us with another cheaper providers does NOT help either. You are more than welcome to go with them. Just don't come running to me boohooing when your service goes kaput or they run away.

We don't mind you asking for one esp if you're a long term customer. Just don't whine about it when we refuse.

4) I am not your friend or brother and owe you no 'friend responsibilities'

Calling me friend/bro when asking for something does not automatically make you one. Please do not expect me to fix your computer or teach you how to do things that can be solved by Google unless you happen to be an extremely hot babe.

*little fox-isque rant over*
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:15:06 PM by Reuben »
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Re: Clarification for Cheapo Customers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 11:50:52 AM »
Two enthusiastic thumbs up (a tip of the hat to Siskel & Ebert) for this long overdue, and frankly, bitchin' FAQ.  8)

RAN

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:07:29 PM »
I second that, Crappy. Way to go, Reuben.   :D

Offline ┼65□™ [579]

• Captain
  • utorrent/1Mb
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:20:56 PM »
30? I charge about RM 300 an hour. I learnt that from lawyers. Like Reuben.  ;D

Offline kiddc

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
  • aww snap
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »
OMG, RM0.50 also want to save until like that?

frankly there wasnt any thought in my mind that ill have to save money even when using VPN. Whenever it expires, i just renew for 4 months, minus hassle, i dont care when the clock starts. I just need my VPN, and Erun's response has been lightning quick to re-new my keys to keep my VPN running.

Thats all that matters to me. VPN. Downloading stuffz.

onephatcow

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 06:11:38 PM »
for the amount of bandwith we ALL suck up here on a hourly/monthly/basis, are people seriously trying to nickel and dime minutes/hours/seconds? If money that tight, DON'T subscribe.  Logic really isn't it?

louislee1991

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
I have always trust reuben. The money I paid is worth every sen for me and my sister. I totally agree with reuben said.

P.S:Reuben, my sis loves the vpn, she is downloading like a freak now in china.

tymereaver

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 09:16:30 PM »
hahahahahaha! this is really funny! ;D

paparaaapa

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »
having a lunch in McD or KFC with 2 person's meal already exceed RM30, what the heck you care about the RM1 per day?! I am happy with speed with RM1 per day, living virtually with speed limited i think it is worst...Thanks Reuben

Bizi

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
When you take money from people and run a business like this, then you are a professional and as a professional it is not good business ethics to call people out in public a cheap ass or tell them they are not your friends. To do so shows us something of your character as a negative individual that many people will look at and consider whether or not they want to do business with you and this could be on many levels from an individual to a business that might consider your services, or possible business opportunities...

Granted we all can become frustrated at times and many of us will talk negatively about some interaction with a customer, but these types of discussions should always be done in private, never in public.

Maybe in your own country these are acceptable practices, maybe not, but you have to remember something here, you are stepping out into the world with this business, trying to create a world wide community here and in order to do so you must realize that everyone here will be coming from a different background, culture, ideas and beliefs and to share your thoughts the way you have in this fashion is very unacceptable in many parts of this world.

In today's world economy there is no more talking about people or business being cheap, the world is in turmoil, countries are falling and everyone is looking for ways to save, because people are not making money like they use to, these are facts and you need to wake up to those facts and look at the world around you.

There is one simple fact to all of this, you need customers, customers don't need you, but by your words I think you have this turned around somehow, thinking customers need you.

In business, if you have no customers, you have no business, therefore you keep your thoughts to yourself private in matters like this, you act in a professional manner towards customers and you simply explain your business practices in a professional business manner without personal overtones to the conversation. Personal attitudes shared in public are always left out of business and you always treat customers with respect and dignity even if you think they don't deserve it.

You always have to be polite and with manners towards people even if you don't like it and if you can't behave in a professional manner then you should not be dealing with the public.

On your forum you ask for donations and then support for the Bolehians, but how do you honestly expect the support of a community when you show your attitude this way?

Friends, now that is the most difficult of all, friends come in various ways, but I get the feeling you are telling it to us like two people on the streets. There are personal friends, business friends and to keep this simple, friends of Allied Nations. If you really want truth, there are only two things in this world when it comes to this analogy, friends or enemies. There is no partiality to this relationship you are either one or another... So you are not our business friend?

Anyhow I'm a geek, been into computing a very long time, so I came to share and hopefully you'll realize the truth I have shared here to make this a better business for yourself and your customers and future customers to come, those friends you don't think are friends.

There's a wise lovely saying in this world you should learn to wrap around your heart. 'There are no strangers in life, only friends we've yet to meet'.

PEACE
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 09:12:54 AM by Bizi »

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 09:53:45 AM »
Wonderful, noted.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »
This article should not offend anyone unless they fall in the categories of unreasonable people to begin with. If i treated my customers like scum, I simply wouldn't have my customers.

But being a business owner, I can say, look I don't want to deal with these kind of people even if it means losing a little business.

I'm friends for those who are friends to me and I think the replies from this post in general reflect that. Those who treat me or my staff like scum or think that paying for a service means you can abuse us, well they don't deserve my attention to begin with.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Bizi

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 05:47:41 PM »
This article should not offend anyone unless they fall in the categories of unreasonable people to begin with. If i treated my customers like scum, I simply wouldn't have my customers.

But being a business owner, I can say, look I don't want to deal with these kind of people even if it means losing a little business.

I'm friends for those who are friends to me and I think the replies from this post in general reflect that. Those who treat me or my staff like scum or think that paying for a service means you can abuse us, well they don't deserve my attention to begin with.

Well when you first step on the forum and see this, it's like WOW, what's going on here...

The truth is you don't need to make any clarifications, or justifications for anything like this, especially in this tone, just set the terms and conditions of the business on the website and that's it, end of story, of course a professional lay out of the terms and conditions. :)

It's also not about just offending us as much as it makes you look unprofessional and like a hot head.

Well let's be honest, when any of them are acting like jerks I'm sure many of us would like nothing more than to tell them off right? But that's not the point, people who are a pain in ass still have to be treated professionally even if we think they don't because it's one simple word, called, BUSINESS and as a business any business there are things you don't say or do in public that's all.

Plus you never know that jerk you deal with today, can turn out to be your best customer for life tomorrow when they go away realizing what an idiot they were and how kind and professional you treated them still. Everyone likes to be treated nice, remember that...

Look at it this way too, something I learned a long time ago that really made sense and made me look at it another way. That person(s) you are dealing with, you do not really know what they are going through, maybe someone died, is terminally sick, problems with friends, family, lost a job, etc., so many things cause people to act and behave strange and act negative towards you when dealing with business. So as a business in the business world, you have to realize people have bad days for many reasons, so this is why we maintain a professional attitude at all times, because you just don't know what they are going through, or have been through...

PEACE

kitsuna

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 12:28:58 AM »
bizi bodi, u jelly?  ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:34:54 AM by meh »

edan1979

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »
anddddd after 3 years i saw someone reply that long to this thread... i lol  ;D btw... sometimes we do need to be sarcastic in business so ppl who match the characteristic really understand things from their own point of view... in current online kind of business... i found out that lots of customers will never read those terms & condition... unless when they need to... and still bitching on something so simple which is fall on the category of idiots who can never follow a simple guide... so in my point of view... just let it be... i kind of understand what they facing... its free world anyway... cheeriooooo...