Author Topic: Trouble logging in via laptop  (Read 4884 times)

Offline burtmunro

Trouble logging in via laptop
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:54:15 AM »
I installed a new wireless router yesterday and have had nothing but trouble connecting to the internet through Bole VPN. It seems like I am able to connect to some sites, but others not so much.  I tried to get to yahoo and wasn't able to.  I have been able to connect to a couple of times, but whenever I search for a site, it won't connect.

I downloaded a fresh version of the GUI, and uninstalled the old version (by the way, I don't understand why I can't use Revo Uninstaller to do this!).  Since I couldn't use Revo, I don't know if EVERYTHING was uninstalled. Sorry that I don't have much more information, other than I just can't connect via Bole.  I've never had much trouble at all, so it may have something to do with the new router (although I haven't had problems logging in with my Android phone and tablet). 

I am on Windows 7 64bit, using Firefox (actually Waterfox).  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Trouble logging in via laptop
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
Could we get your logs? Which servers are you using? Do you have any antivirus / firewalls installed? Are you located in China / the Middle East?

Give our XCloak or FR-TCP servers a try

Offline burtmunro

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
I will try to send you a log.  First I will try the other methods.  By the way, what is the difference between the cloak, tcp, full etc?

Offline burtmunro

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »
I'm not sure how to uninstall the TAP files.  I thought that they would be uninstalled when I uninstalled Bole, but if not, how do I uninstall them?  I just want to start over, meaning remove EVERYTHING, and reinstall Bole.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »
Just uninstall the BolehVPN client, reboot, check your network adapters and see if there's a TAP Adapter still installed there.