Author Topic: Web hosting recommendations  (Read 7508 times)

Offline mikey

• BolehVPN Subscriber
Web hosting recommendations
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:59:41 AM »
Anyone have any recommendations for a reliable web host provider?  I currently use polurnet.com, but their uptime lately has been disappointing.  If most of my hits come from US and Europe, is it better to get a host located in US/Europe, instead of Malaysia?

Thanks.

Offline adam7979

• Donator
  • Captain
Re: Web hosting recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:15:49 AM »
i use exabytes.com.my, and they have servers in US as well (exabytes.com). Their support's pretty quick and responsive.
We got F1 circuit with F1 drivers but need to use a kancil if want to go to Singapore. - Pit Boss

[January 17, 2010, 07:37:40 PM] zniper982: any news on when the streamyx going to be ok.it been 2 weeks now
[January 17, 2010, 08:37:33 PM] ┼65□™ [558]: you've been in malaysia for two weeks onl

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:30:15 AM »
Don't host in Malaysia if your visitors are overseas. Best to get it hosted in US/Europe.

If you have to host in Malaysia, make sure you get the AIMS datacentre (ask your webhost). TM is hopeless.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

Offline mikey

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:45 PM »
I didn't realize Exabytes had US servers.  Any experience with the uptime?

I hate Polurnet because even though they advertise 99.9% uptime, I've experienced longer downtime than that.  When you ask them why, they say that 'scheduled maintenance' is not calculated as part of the downtime.  And the best part is, their 'scheduled maintenance' happens when their hardware fails, so the moment they discover something wrong with their server, any downtime after that is attributed to 'scheduled maintenance'.

Offline dexbot.fallout3

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Captain
  • I have the right to go apeshit.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 08:21:24 PM »
Don't host in Malaysia if your visitors are overseas. Best to get it hosted in US/Europe.

If you have to host in Malaysia, make sure you get the AIMS datacentre (ask your webhost). TM is hopeless.
Yeah, these people are reliable; their sister company, Global Transit, is part of the consortium (along with Google) that invested and are deploying the Unity Cable. :)

I heard TM wasn't invited to join the consortium. lalalalala
"There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven and hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."
1080p x264 test file at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSKFM2W5