Author Topic: Using Roku3 with BolehVPN  (Read 5126 times)

Offline princevick

Using Roku3 with BolehVPN
« on: September 03, 2015, 08:50:41 AM »
Hi there
I have just got myself a Roku3 media player. It has myriad of support for online streaming sites. I am planning on getting a Netflix HD subscription. However this is a geo-ip based service requires VPN access to get it working. Can BolehVPN be configured for this on my TP-Link WR841HP? I checked for dd-wrt compatibility and it looks like this router is not supported. Is there any way to get Roku working without changing the router?

My current Maxis Home Fiber 30MBps setup:-

Roku 3 ➡️  TP-Link WR841HP ➡️ Thomson TG784n ➡️ Huawei VDSL modem

Hope to get some good advise. Thanks!

Offline PitBoss

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Using Roku3 with BolehVPN
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
Please check if roku 3 supports VPN setup or not. AFAIK, ROKU 2 does not have any VPN setup. So you either replace your router with a VPN capable routers such as ASUS rt-ac66u, rt-56u or any other routers that supports dd-wrt or asus-merlinwrt OR use the internet sharing connection in your windows PC networking.

Meaning, your computer will be the one connecting to the internet and your roku to your computer network.

If you are not computer/network savvy then it might take some googling and reading to figure this out but definitely will not take more than a couple hours to set the network either via DD-WRT setup or Microsoft ICS.

Co-Founder / Administrator