Author Topic: FullyRouted-France "German IP?"  (Read 8003 times)

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
FullyRouted-France "German IP?"
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:49:39 AM »
I know IP matching can be mistaken sometimes but for some reason the FullyRouted-France server now points me to "118.138.9.19" which appears to be a German IP. I only noticed as the default IP on FullyRouted-France was not the same as it has been for the last 6 or so months. If you can give any details I would be thankful.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: FullyRouted-France "German IP?"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:31:07 PM »
That would be our new France server. The company is German, but the datacentre containing the server is in France. For some reason the IP location isn't accurate, we've contacted the company but according to them they are unable to update the IP location.

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »
That would be our new France server. The company is German, but the datacentre containing the server is in France. For some reason the IP location isn't accurate, we've contacted the company but according to them they are unable to update the IP location.

Any reason for the change of provider? also, you have checked that the server is actually in France right? it seems dodgy that they are "unable" to update the location, almost as if they sold you a German server under false pretenses. I can say however that a German flag on a French server is useless, you may as well just call it "GermanyFully-Routed" as any website only accessible from a French IP will not let you in due to the German flag. I would contact the company again and ask for your money back, as they are not selling you what they advertised.

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:22:36 PM »
As a proof of concept I found a program I use that only allows two country IP addresses per account to stop sharing, and mine were my home IP and my BolehVPN IP. which means all UK/FR IP's I can use on my account, but since Germany IP's are not within the first two countries, I can't use it on my BolehVPN connection through a France? server anymore. I am not complaining, just bringing the issue up so you guys can look for ways to fix it as im sure others will have this problem also, especially with Geo.TV websites.

Offline johnhenry

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 06:07:31 AM »
The reply "unable to update the location" is simply not good enough. The France server is located in Germany as far as the internet is concerned, rendering it useless for any country specific service (like M6 live streaming for example). They need to take the issue up with either their French internet provider or IANA.

Host    :   atlantic493.serverprofi24.com 
Country    :   Germany   

Related IP adresses
IP address          Type    Host name
217.172.191.251    NS    ptr1.intergenia.de
  62. 75.134. 6        NS    ptr2.intergenia.de
217.172.162.55      NS    ns5.nameserverservice.de
217.172.161.234    NS    ns6.nameserverservice.de

Also, I have noticed that the outgoing IP is the very same as the connecting IP, is that not a massive security problem?

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 11:57:23 AM »
The reply "unable to update the location" is simply not good enough. The France server is located in Germany as far as the internet is concerned, rendering it useless for any country specific service (like M6 live streaming for example). They need to take the issue up with either their French internet provider or IANA.

Host    :   atlantic493.serverprofi24.com 
Country    :   Germany   

Related IP adresses
IP address          Type    Host name
217.172.191.251    NS    ptr1.intergenia.de
  62. 75.134. 6        NS    ptr2.intergenia.de
217.172.162.55      NS    ns5.nameserverservice.de
217.172.161.234    NS    ns6.nameserverservice.de

Also, I have noticed that the outgoing IP is the very same as the connecting IP, is that not a massive security problem?

+1 on what you said about the server location.

;as for the incoming and outgoing IP being the same, it should be fine if the server is a static IP which is seems likely & is set up correctly.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 11:50:12 PM »
We've contacted that server provider, however their response is simply that they can't do much.

We are looking into a different provider as a replacement for this server. We hope to have a replacement up shortly.

Offline Indingo

• BolehVPN Subscriber
  • Boatswain
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 04:49:59 PM »
We've contacted that server provider, however their response is simply that they can't do much.

We are looking into a different provider as a replacement for this server. We hope to have a replacement up shortly.

Thanks Chris! Also just to add on, I noticed a little configuration error in your Taiwan.ovpn file. You have your server listed as #Hong Kong instead of #Taiwan. It does not break anything, but i just thought I should let you know anyway :)

(Taiwan.ovpn)

(# Server List
#Hong Kong
remote 211.79.119.18 443)

(above)

Offline johnhenry

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 11:37:55 PM »

Thank you very much!