Author Topic: Will new laws make boleh vpn keep logs on its users?  (Read 10960 times)

D43B35

Will new laws make boleh vpn keep logs on its users?
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:27:15 AM »
Having read this on new proposed laws in canada see http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/02/canadian-government-proposes-warrantless-internet-spying-bill.ars and also in britain see http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/02/police-download-a-file-go-to-jail-for-10-years-and-pay-an-unlimited-fine.ars

Could these new laws mean thay boleh vpn would be legally forced to keep logs on its users?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Will new laws make boleh vpn keep logs on its users?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »
We're not an ISP or cellular provider company so it's a bit different there. We'll have to be informed if the datacenter decides to log.

In any case if that is the case, we'll just move out from those locations.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

D43B35

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:42:46 AM »
So does that mean the current datacenters boleh vpn uses do not log at all then?

Is it safe to assume that boleh vpn will still not take logs of user data as usual then?

Offline adam7979

• Donator
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
even if bolehvpn's servers log NOTHING at all, the data centers DO KEEP logs of the traffic coming in and going out, just in case they are in trouble. So YES, whatever you're doing with Reuben's server is indirectly LOGGED! Be a good boy from now on! buy original!
We got F1 circuit with F1 drivers but need to use a kancil if want to go to Singapore. - Pit Boss

[January 17, 2010, 07:37:40 PM] zniper982: any news on when the streamyx going to be ok.it been 2 weeks now
[January 17, 2010, 08:37:33 PM] ┼65□™ [558]: you've been in malaysia for two weeks onl

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:08:34 PM »
Cue the massive freak-out session!  ;D

mayibay

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:42:52 AM »
Reben stated,"We're not an ISP or cellular provider company so it's a bit different there. We'll have to be informed if the datacenter decides to log.In any case if that is the case, we'll just move out from those locations".

That is the reason this service is the best.The owner speaks to the members! You know exactly were you stand :)

D43B35

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 02:22:40 AM »
So is it safe to assume that the current datacenters that boleh vpn uses do not log any user traffic at all?
Otherwise that would be a major privacy risk to all users.   

Also is it safe to assume that boleh vpn servers themselves dont keep logs too?

Sorry for asking again but i need to know how private boleh vpn really is.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »
Sorry for asking again but i need to know how private boleh vpn really is.

This has already been asked and answered many times, but your paranoia seems to be actively interfering with your ability to absorb the answers. If I was unsure of the fact that you had something deeply disturbing to hide before, I'm sure of it now. Oh, the irony.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:36:04 AM by Schadenfreude »

el_ay_es

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 04:09:17 AM »
D43B35 said:
So is it safe to assume that the current datacenters that boleh vpn uses do not log any user traffic at all?

Schadenfreude said:
If I was unsure of the fact that you had something deeply disturbing to hide before, I'm sure of it now. Oh, the irony.

What I have to hide, if anything, would probably not be deeply disturbing to you, Schadenfreude.  Regardless of that, I also still have the same question.  The answers given above by Reuben and adam7979 seem to conflict.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Donator
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
The answers given above by Reuben and adam7979 seem to conflict.

Whenever possible, you should always ignore adam7979's answers if someone of a higher authority (in this case, Reuben) has already provided an answer.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:34:26 AM by Schadenfreude »