Author Topic: Will BolehVPN work on Thunder/ Xunlei?  (Read 10171 times)

icekacang

Will BolehVPN work on Thunder/ Xunlei?
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:08:54 PM »
Hi..Just heard about Bolehvpn from one of my friends. I am very much interested to subscribe it. But before I do, would like to confirm few things first.

1) Would it work in Thunder/ Xunlei as currently I am using it?
2) I am subscribing to Streamyx 2M line.  My current total download speed will range from 80KB/s to 200KB/s depends on the good seeds. I have set the download files to 20. And normally I will leave 10 files in the queue. Will I see significant improvement if I use Bolehvpn?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: Will BolehVPN work on Thunder/ Xunlei?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:09:16 AM »
From my personal experience, you don't need Thunder / Xunlei with BolehVPN. However, don't take this as an official statement that you'll get max speeds. I suppose it'll work, but uTorrent works just as well, and it doesn't hog resources like Thunder / Xunlei.

Depending on your routing and your luck, you could probably get 200 kB/s or more total download speed. However, currently the ACPN2 issues are affecting a lot of people, and your download speed may not max out.

Again, a personal experience: BolehVPN let me max out my bandwith at 165 kB/s for my 1.5mbps package.... A significant improvement from 40 kB/s, don't you think?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:52:08 AM »
Xunlei/Thunder does seem to have varying performance from place to place and although it does show an improvement for some ppl compared to using regular non-VPNed utorrent/vuze/bitcomet, the speeds achieved are not that consistent and furthermore it is banned on all private trackers. I understand Xunlei tends to work well in Chinese torrents especially but since I don't dl any, I wouldn't be able to comment.

However with a VPN, since your connection is already unthrottled with it, it is best to use a well known torrent client such as utorrent with it since bandwidth throttling is no longer an issue and you should achieve significantly more consistent and higher speeds using a VPN+utorrent combination.

Best to opt for a trial first though I suggest you wait a bit till the APCN2 issues are resolved which is expected to be about 10 September though I do see some improvements already.

*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

lulalee

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »
hey hi there!!!

do i need to do any configurations if i use xun lei?

looking forward to try out bolehvpn...

thx

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:03:10 AM »
I'm getting reports that Xunlei WITH Bolehvpn works well with Chinese torrents better than just a Xunlei alone configuration or a utorrent + VPN configuration.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator