Author Topic: From xCloak to Fully Routed: What does it all mean?  (Read 8674 times)

Offline laurel38

• Boatswain
From xCloak to Fully Routed: What does it all mean?
« on: March 14, 2014, 04:10:08 AM »
Bohlah VPN has many connection options.   But what do they all mean and how do I choose the connection that is right for me.  For example, what's the difference between xCloakProxy - TCP- Canada and xCloak Routed All?  And what's the difference between xCload, Fully Routed, Proxied, Surf Streaming, and all those little subdivisions in between?

Maybe Boleh can publish a quick reference guide in PDF format that describes what each option is, what it does, and what applications work best with it, and what level of privacy and security it offers.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: From xCloak to Fully Routed: What does it all mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »
Don't panic!

We've got you covered http://bolehvpn.net/serv_bolehvpn_inst-03.php

Offline laurel38

• Boatswain
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 02:05:43 AM »
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the info.  Looks like fully routed is the option for me.  But fully routed also offers several different options.  For example, what's the difference between FullyRouted-All.ovpn and one of the other options?

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:53:33 AM »
They are a combination. For example, Fullyrouted-TCP-Germany is a FullyRouted server which uses TCP not UDP. This may bypass some firewalls as well as be better if your connection is poor.

So if you see an XCloak-Routed-TCP server, that's a FullyRouted server using TCP, with XCloak obfuscation as well. This should be used in China or other heavily internet restricted locations.

Offline ShieldsCW

• BolehVPN Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 07:44:14 AM »
While we're at it, what does the "All" refer to? Does it mean that I'm connecting to ALL the fully routed servers?

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »
It actually means that all the servers are in that list and you will connect to ONE random server from that list.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator