Author Topic: Will there be a new update for boleh vpn coming soon?  (Read 4131 times)

D43B35

Will there be a new update for boleh vpn coming soon?
« on: March 29, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »
Hi

Just wondering if a new update is coming to boleh vpn soon. Basically a update to allow certain programs such as firefox and torrent clients to not be available if the vpn connection is disconnected.

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Will there be a new update for boleh vpn coming soon?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
Our previous programmer just went AWOL after promising an update 2 weeks ago and did not release to us the full source code. Luckily, we recovered all monies paid but that means we're back to square one. We're already in the process of concluding engaging another programmer to almost work it from scratch with hopefully much better interface improvements.

Otherwise just use the proxied connection or a firewall which would serve the same purpose.
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator

D43B35

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:44:39 AM »
Realistically though how long will it take the new programmer to make the update available? Are we talking weeks or months? 

Offline Reuben

• Chief Doraemon
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »
It's hard to say at the moment. The new programmer is quoting a time period of 2-3 months as being the absolute maximum. There are other people who say they can do it in two weeks. To be honest, right now we are revamping the customer portal first (just final testing now) and then the GUI so the next GUI update will be to address compatibility with the new security features of the portal and repairing functionality to the IP lookup before there are new features updated.

In a way, I rather do it right than be early :D
*If you like my service/support, please consider posting a positive feedback here*<3

Co-Founder/Administrator