Author Topic: WinMX p2p  (Read 5459 times)

devil_corp

WinMX p2p
« on: September 30, 2010, 07:03:29 PM »
Hi, does anyone know how to setup BolehVPN for WinMx? Help is much appreciated.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
Re: WinMX p2p
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »
Can it use a Socks proxy? If not, connect to BolehRoute instead, that doesn't require proxy settings in any program.

EDIT: A quick search reveals that it can use Socks proxies, so set it to Socks5. IP 10.10.10.1 port 1080 Connect to the publictracker configuration in OpenVPN

devil_corp

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 01:07:19 AM »
Hi, thanks for your reply. I installed the programme found here, http://patch.winmxconex.com/ but I'm having trouble establishing a connection to other peers. Only managed to connect to the WinMX peer network. Can you help me? This was my favourite p2p programme before streamyx got throttled. Thanks a bunch.

Offline Chris

• BolehVPN Staff
  • Admiral
  • Beneath a cobalt moon
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »
I managed to get it working, a bit slow and not many seeders though. See below for the settings screenshot. If you're behind a firewall / router, make sure that you open a TCP / UDP port for this, and in the Incoming TCP Connections / In/Out UDP Packets, specify the port. Connect to the publictracker configuration in OpenVPN.

To be honest, I think it's a rather poor client, something like Emule or Frostwire. I suggest using uTorrent and a private tracker, such as IPTorrents instead.